Page 278 of 591 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 288 328 378 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 14754
    MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Yikes!
    ...You fitness geeks can keep that training stuff
    Yeah, like somebody that jumps on a loaded bike and rides over a hundred miles a few days in a row... Oh nevermind.

Meadowland.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-2012-08-27-07.19.10.jpg  

passed out in your garden
    my commute was good, the crisp air lets me know autumn is on the way

2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

quite a sticky morning. Isaac is definitely on his way.

also the first day of classes. I had to shake my head at all the undergrads dressing up for the first day of school. wtf, it's college. as soon as I hit campus, I couldn't smell anything but perfume/cologne. gag me already. it'll be better in 2 weeks when all the undergrads are in sweats and smell like BO.

I Ride for Donuts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg71 View Post
    my commute was good, the crisp air lets me know autumn is on the way
    oooooohhhhhhh
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Awesome...

ride was smooth and quick...almost too quick. No wind today so I got to zoom along. Looking forward to the homeward bound trip already .

I Ride for Donuts
    I'm escaping after work today for a 1.5 hour spin... and so far, the smoke isn't filling the valley. This could be very, very good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Got soaked to the bone but it's still preferable to being stuck in a steaming train car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Singlespeeded it and made it home quicker than on my 2x9.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    My new commute possibilities are getting better all the time. Our studio moved so its safe for me to ride. Both of my kids have new school schedule that do not include me picking either of them up !!!! This means I can ride to and from work. Best part is that one of the best places in the area to MTB or road bike is between work and home !! - I just started this born again cycling thing, have dropped 13 pounds without even trying - I do love my car, there is no traffic for me. I drove this morning, just had to spin up the turbos - but will ride tomorrow - you may be able to tell Im stoked again at 48 like a 20 year old.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky Chucky View Post
    ... I just started this born again cycling thing, have dropped 13 pounds without even trying - I do love my car, there is no traffic for me. I drove this morning, just had to spin up the turbos - but will ride tomorrow - you may be able to tell Im stoked again at 48 like a 20 year old.
    I got back into cycling about 4 years ago and have increased it substantially every year.
    Commuting Miles
    2009 900
    2010 2257
    2011 3735
    2012 3488 and counting.

The next thing you know is you'll be Selling Your Car that you love.

Welcome to the addiction.

I took the rain bike for the second time in 2 months today. The rest of the week looks great. We've had an awesome summer.

Moderator Moderator
    Good to be back on the bike after a week of dogsitting and driving to work. About a half inch of rain overnight but itís been so dry the trails were still in good shape. Just 1 good sized puddle where the snowmobile trail passes a wetland. Today is the 1 year anniversary of Tropical Storm Irene that flooded much of VT and destroyed roads, bridges, homes, and a few people.

Bicycle Addict
    I took my 6 year old daughter on her first commute to school this morning. It went well. She's a bit weary of using her coaster brake, and her front U-brake is hard to pull. Time to upgrade her bike. She seems pretty excited about riding her bike to school like the big kids though!
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ My 6 year old daughter has just started riding with me when I go running. She can crank out my 3.5 mile route pretty well...only needs a push up one hill, which comes right at the end, and is torture for me at the end of the run

My commute today was f-f-f-fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-picture3.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike View Post
    Geez so you wern't spun out???

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I was in one of those awkward catch-22s yesterday. The road I was on came to a T at a stop sign. A school bus was coming from my left and was signalling a right turn. The driver paused and seemed to be waiting for me to turn so he could make an easier turn. So I went. Just as I was passing, the bus lurched forward and swung into my lane. A little girl screamed as the driver hit the brakes sharply. I just kept going. I don't really know what I should have done.

School buses seem to make everything awkward, especially when they come up on your tail and keep revving the engine. It's hard to know if the drivers are being jerks or if that's just how drivers handle slow speed chases.

Still want a fat bike....
    So yesterday was the first time ever that I put the car in the garage and rode the bike because it was gonna rain. Typically its the other way around, but I had the top and doors off my Wrangler and didn't want to go through the hassle of putting it all back on only to take it off the next day. Its been beautiful here for a week.... one day of rain.... and back to beautiful.

I am still trying to figure out if I was lazy because I didn't want to put the top and doors on or if I was awesome for riding in the rain......
    I am a man of many words. KCCO!

mtbr member
    I have 3 days riding on the new tires and it's weird that even though the 2.3" Origin8's are heavier than the Kenda 40mms, they are definitely faster. They also feel better on all the little road imperfections in the pavement. Time to work is about the same but time going home has shaved almost 15 minutes (off of 1hr normal time).
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

I Ride for Donuts
    Dalton, I knew I liked you. Fellow Jeeper. It makes sense now.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    My commute today was f-f-f-fine.
    That chain looks a little on the dry side, just sayin.

I Ride for Donuts
    It is. It was due for lube before the 17 miles of dirt that lead up to that picture. The thing about bar-end shifters (especially friction) is that you can quiet down a noisy chain and put off lubing it way too long.

Don't worry, I hit it up this morning before the commute. The pic was from last night.

weirdo
    I took the pump from my commuter Saturday morning when I went for a ride on another bike, and forgot to put it back on. So, the staple I ran over on my way home was inevitable . At least it was only a few blocks from work, so I was able to get back and fill up with the compressed air lines. The pump is back on the commuter now and I ordered another pump to replace the one I lost back in June.

Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    I took my 6 year old daughter on her first commute to school this morning. It went well. She's a bit weary of using her coaster brake, and her front U-brake is hard to pull. Time to upgrade her bike. She seems pretty excited about riding her bike to school like the big kids though!

Best post this month!

Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    School buses seem to make everything awkward, especially when they come up on your tail and keep revving the engine. It's hard to know if the drivers are being jerks or if that's just how drivers handle slow speed chases.
    Probably coincidence, but I have a terrible time with school busses also. They don`t like to give me any space when they go shooting by and it seems to be a different numbered bus each time, so not like its a single A-hole driver. Maybe J3SSEB will shell out for new bikes for all the kiddies on each of our commute routes and get thos pesky busses off the road

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I passed a school bus when he pulled over to let the line of cars behind him pass. The bus drivers around here are pretty respectful of us bikers, which is mostly me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    So yesterday was the first time ever that I put the car in the garage and rode the bike because it was gonna rain. Typically its the other way around, but I had the top and doors off my Wrangler and didn't want to go through the hassle of putting it all back on only to take it off the next day. Its been beautiful here for a week.... one day of rain.... and back to beautiful.

I am still trying to figure out if I was lazy because I didn't want to put the top and doors on or if I was awesome for riding in the rain......
    I love riding in the rain, and am amazed at how often I don't get rained on even though it seemed like a sure thing when I looked at the forecast.
    Work to Ride - Ride to Work
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike View Post
    Riding BCGB or on the road??? Single speeds on the hilly roads in Austin do not sound like a good mix to me, unless it's your downtown beer bike. (I'm usually wrong though...)
    Work to Ride - Ride to Work
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Stopped commuting to work for a while cause the roads/drivers are crazy here: had way to many close calls and a girl in the office lost her husband under a truck while cycling a few weeks ago. Apparently we have about 1.5 cycling fatalities a month here in Singapore.

I was missing the commute, so I built up an old Giant XTC frame I had lying around and started riding in on the newly de-trained rail trail near my house that leads right into town. Had to get a little creative on my route (thank you google earth!) and my commute time has doubled (which is awesome!) but I now have an off-road/urban assault trail ride into work and back and I love it.

I saw a peacock in an industrial estate today on the edge of the city. Go figure?