Page 240 of 593 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 14817
    Bicycle Radical
    Today was my first ever bike commute. I took a bus part way to the office and rode the remaining 5 miles. On my way back, I intend to ride all the way home for a length of about 16 miles.

So far so good. I'll report back later to let everyone know how the trip back went. Luckily, there are some fire roads and singletrack to enjoy on the way back.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Another bomber commute, 25 degrees, sun rising. Snow melting with highs of 50+!

Moderator Moderator
    32F this morning, still kind of windy, but sunnier. Last night I just beat the rain home. A few pix from the reservoir, taken about 1.5 miles from home. My house is on the hill in pix 2 & 3, but just over the ridge from the ones you can see with the nice reservoir view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-p4241870.jpg  

How was your commute today?-p4241867.jpg  

How was your commute today?-p4241868.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Mine was great until I scared the crap out of an old lady on the pathway. I don't think she heard me yell good morning from a distance. I feel so terrible.

weirdo
    Nice morning all over New England? Wow, Xplorer- it looks like your reservoir is about ready to crawl up onto the road.

Quote Originally Posted by scorchedearth View Post
    Today was my first ever bike commute. I took a bus part way to the office and rode the remaining 5 miles. On my way back, I intend to ride all the way home for a length of about 16 miles.
    Whooo, Go get `em!

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbowman View Post
    Mine was great until I scared the crap out of an old lady on the pathway. I don't think she heard me yell good morning from a distance. I feel so terrible.
    Did you make her dive? If she doesn`t dive, she chickened out too soon. Have her read the instructions in post 5976 and try it again until she gets it right.

I Ride for Donuts
    Jordy, I got the front D on the Ogre... pics of fender clearance in the Ogre thread.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Loved the deer story, CB. They don't have that "deer in the headlights" saying for nothing. Apparently the headlights are optional.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    Jordy, I got the front D on the Ogre... pics of fender clearance in the Ogre thread.
    Yup, saw them, looks good, exactly what I did.

Helmetless Crasher
    First day cycling in to work. Went quite well!

BEAUTIFUL 60 degree day in the DC area. Rode my old '95 Stumpy w/ kenda k838 slicks on it. Total one-way distance is 25 miles, downhill on the way in and uphill on the way home. Took me 1.5 hrs to get in this AM. I'm a member of a gym that is 2 blocks from my office, so I showered there. This could not be much more convenient . . .

As I type this, I'm not sure if I'm up for the 25 mile uphill ride home. Luckily, the DC metro system is biker-friendly and is half a block from my office and will drop me 3 miles from my home. May have to avail myself of it. Nice option to have . . .

Gonna try to do this at least 2x/wk, weather permitting.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

weirdo
    ^^That`s quite a ride, Stumpy! Congrats, and it sounds like you picked a good day to try it out.

Bicycle Radical
    The ride home today was solid. It was a lovely afternoon and perfect for a bicycle adventure. I had one Tour de FU moment but otherwise, no issues. The total route distance was 27km (17mi).

This was also my test run for Bike to Work Day, which I most certainly will be doing.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    ^^That`s quite a ride, Stumpy! Congrats, and it sounds like you picked a good day to try it out.
    Thanks!
    Sure was a helluva ride. Did the return 25M also. It really is a beautiful combo of paved paths, bike-friendly roads like Rock Creek Pkwy and very little downtown DC bump and grind.

I can do this!
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    55 Degrees and SUNNY on the commute home. Took a look at my slowly melting bike paths along Chester Creek tonight. Some parts rideable but still a long ways to melt!

A small lake/creek/pound along Chester Creek.

Hungry Moose Causes Detour!

Chester Creek High and Flowing Fast!

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Happy Spring! Nice moosey on the loosey.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005

Rant Ahead

I hate MUP wheelsuckers.

Don't tell me not to worry that if wheels touch, your going to go down not me. That like saying it's OK to tailgate another car because it will be the tailgaters fault if an accident happens. I don't want to have to worry if you are paying attention and are going to run up my backside if I have to stop suddenly. If I don't know you, I don't want you on my wheel, especially when you don't even have the courtesy to tell me you are hopping on. If you cannot ride my pace without my help, then you just need to ride more - but not on my wheel.

Happens every year this time of year. Lot's a new riders out sucking wheels.

I feel better now. Sorry for the rant.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    End of the semester means I can take the leisurely route to work:

Look at the heavy traffic,

Glass in the bike lane,

potholes,

stop signs,

and traffic lights:

Some days it really sucks to be a bike commuter....

weirdo
    Looks great, Jordy! How long do you usually have before that S-stuff comes back?

Ubernerd, sorry about all those hazzards and crappy conditions. I can see why it upsets you

Hey BrianMC, is your Habitat For Humanity ride comming up next week?

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Ubernerd, that's a nice looking trail. Too bad we all can't swap commutes for a day. There are so many of these rides I'd like to try.

It's a beautiful crisp (sounds better than chilly) sunny day here but they're calling for rain by the commute home.

I have one more day of work and then I'm off to Cozumel for a week.

Moderator Moderator
    28F, a chilly start but it quickly warmed up and I rmoved my jacket, beanie and warm gloves. The trails were tacky but not muddy, but more rain forecast this afternoon.

weirdo
    It`s rainy here too, which is good I guess. We had such a dry winter I`ll take all I can get. I don`t think my asphalt will be muddy though.

Cozumel- chow down, Bedwards! Hope you have a great trip.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Too bad we all can't swap commutes for a day. There are so many of these rides I'd like to try.
    Oh, that would be cool!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Too bad we all can't swap commutes for a day. There are so many of these rides I'd like to try.

I have one more day of work and then I'm off to Cozumel for a week.
    I'd be happy to swap, if you'd like. You can ride that trail, and I'll take your trip to Cozumel for you. Just swing by, and I'll point out the trailhead when you drop off your tickets.

mtbr member
    53* and sunny this morning. I think that is close to the perfect conditions for a ride. Unfortunately I know the Iowa summertime heat and humidity will be here soon...
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Nice pics ubernerd and jordyb!

Rain here today, but at least the rain is getting warmer. No wheelsuckers either this morning. Of course I hardly see anyone at 5:00am...