Page 238 of 589 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 248 288 338 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 14716
    Moderator Moderator
    Cold rain here, about 38F this a.m. and we've gotten 1" of rain from this storm so far. Everything stayed cozy except my legs, as my knickers soaked through. Even that was not bad though since the wetter I got the more uphill it got.

I took the dam route because I was curious how it looked with the rain.

I saw on the weather 3-4" of snow west of here in NY & a 79mph gust on VT's Mt Mansfield.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-p4231864.jpg  

How was your commute today?-p4231865.jpg  

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Hmmm, between the last post and this one my wife challenged me to a trail 5K in June and I accepted. She couched it in the form of a friendly competition and I took the bait. She's run a marathon and is planning a 2nd but I think I can take her in a 5K if I run a few miles between now and then. Just as soon as I can walk right I'll try that.

mtbr member
    Rode to work last night @ 77-80 degrees no breeze, Boston on my MP3 loving life. Stopped at a red light there was a car with a couple of full squish on the back, fairly sure they were returning from riding a trail that starts @ 3 miles from my house. Passenger leans out the window and sneers " You're riding a Motobecane? What's the matter you couldn't afford a real bike? Ha Ha", I replied " Nope but at least I can ride my bike without Honda training wheels.". He looked confused till he thought of the bike rack on the back of the car, started to say something but I didn't catch it as he was leaving the light.

Rode home @ 75 degrees at 0630, light traffic, no breeze, Molly Hatchet and Lynard Skynrd on the MP3 loving life.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    I am so jealous of the good views on so many of your commutes. I just have neighborhoods and no single track. Oh well, I make the best of it, but man, I would love to have something more interesting to look at from time to time.
    I'm right there with you. Maybe we need to start a thread about boring commutes so we can have a group pity party. It would definitely be a lot easier for me to get up in the morning if I knew I had a kick ass single track commute to work
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Hmmm, between the last post and this one my wife challenged me to a trail 5K in June and I accepted. She couched it in the form of a friendly competition and I took the bait. She's run a marathon and is planning a 2nd but I think I can take her in a 5K if I run a few miles between now and then. Just as soon as I can walk right I'll try that.
    bedwards, you are not thinking this through. My wife challenges me to a 5K, I don't care if I am the world friggin 5K champion, I am finding a way to lose that race.

We had a spectacular weekend, weather-wise, mid-70's and sunny. And it's continuing today. On my way home tonite I may even snap a couple of commute photos to post here. Nothing like the national geographic shots that you all post of course.

mtbr member
    Double-commute for me today and probably for the next two weeks or so, because I'm sprinting home at lunch to let the new puppy out. One hour ten minutes including the two clothing changes.

Rain in the morning, it's supposed to get close to 80F for the high (which is like July temperatures around here) and then possibly snow on Friday.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    ^^ Good luck dressing for those temp extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    bedwards, you are not thinking this through. My wife challenges me to a 5K, I don't care if I am the world friggin 5K champion, I am finding a way to lose that race.
    I've been considering that. This one is a trail run so it is more up my alley. She's already a little annoyed that I finished pretty close to her with no prior running. Then again, she isn't hobbling around.

It rained a chit ton here today. If it was snow we'd have 4 feet. It was supposed to stop around 1 but it's still going.

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1210 View Post
    " Nope but at least I can ride my bike without Honda training wheels."

It was so nice when I got into town this morning that I decided to run into the next town to buy myself a new reflective vest, then swing by my wife`s office to say hello, then treated myself to lunch before loading up woth groceries. The sky started clouding up and the winds were just beginning while I hauled myself back up the hill. Got in maybe fifteen minutes ago and we have a thunder storm going on- how`s that for good timing !?!

Good luck with your own crazy weather, Newf. If it snows enough, maybe you can skijor your middle commute

I Ride for Donuts
    I'm doing a trail 5k on May 3rd. It's a ridiculous hill climb that I don't know why anyone would want to run.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    Double-commute for me today and probably for the next two weeks or so, because I'm sprinting home at lunch to let the new puppy out. One hour ten minutes including the two clothing changes.
    Pup pix please

Rodar, sounds like a great day & congrats on getting that work project done ahead of schedule so you could take the mini camping trip instead of working.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by commuterboy View Post
    ^^ zip ties! And can we have a pic of the tensioner with the spring reversed?
    Here you go.
    How was your commute today?-drivetrain.jpg

Here is the full bike along with part of a skinny I built and a few pallets I sometimes ride up on/drop off of.
    How was your commute today?-bikefull.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Pup pix please

She's an aussie shepherd named Buffalo, and is just over 3 months old. She's from a farm outside of town, and we're still trying to get her used to the sights/sounds/smells of the city. She's doing really well, and I'm hoping that she'll be riding along in the dog trailer in no time.
    Last edited by newfangled; 04-23-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ She looks great! If you have room for it somewhere, she'd probably love frisbee too. I had a frisbee crazy border collie and it was a great way to drain energy and challenge her. Since she's a herder, you may want to start just walking her next to the bike (not riding). Mine tried to herd the bike (even when I walked next to it) and that made it hard to ride with her. Since I had sheep at the time I really didn't want to break her of the herding instinct, I didn't have the heart for that either. ..but if I'd done it when she was younger I bet she would have been a good trail dog, instead of 1 that ran backwards in front of the bike trying to herd it up.

weirdo
    Pup pix please
    Haha! I thought that request would be on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus View Post
    Here you go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drivetrain.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	691274
    Clean!
    I don`t think I`ve seen a SS/CS/dropout junction like that before.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    I don`t think I`ve seen a SS/CS/dropout junction like that before.
    Cannondales can be quirky like that. This bike also has a 1.5" threaded headset, which sucks if you need to change it.

Last night's commute was fast. I had a killer tailwind. While on my way home, I wondered why my shirt was flapping around more than usual. Then it dawned on me that I forgot my backpack at work. This morning, I started pouring cereal into a tea cup. I think I'm losing it.

mtbr member
    I think I may have posted in this thread when it first got started and haven't had anything interesting to report til now.

It rained during my commute home last night so I hopped on a bus and put the bike on the front. I wiped the chain when I got home and that was it. Really interesting right--- NOT.

But this morning, my shifting was soooo much better. The bike in the rain on the bus really cleaned out my drivetrain nicely!

mtbr member
    ^^ She looks great! If you have room for it somewhere, she'd probably love frisbee too. I had a frisbee crazy border collie and it was a great way to drain energy and challenge her. Since she's a herder, you may want to start just walking her next to the bike (not riding). Mine tried to herd the bike (even when I walked next to it) and that made it hard to ride with her. Since I had sheep at the time I really didn't want to break her of the herding instinct, I didn't have the heart for that either. ..but if I'd done it when she was younger I bet she would have been a good trail dog, instead of 1 that ran backwards in front of the bike trying to herd it up.
    My mini Aussie has done great with biking since our first time out. She never tried to herd the bike or bark, but for the life of me I can't get her interested in playing frisbee! When I got her I either wanted a mini aussie or border collie because I wanted to play frisbee with it. DOH! I guess if I had to choose between "good with bikes" and "plays frisbee" I'd go with the bikes
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc1234 View Post
    I think I may have posted in this thread when it first got started and haven't had anything interesting to report til now.
    Don`t let that stop you- just put up pictures and jabber about whatever ISN`T interresting!

Moderator Moderator
    Windy here too, 15-20mph out of the south this morning, and supposed to swing around to the north for a headwind on the way home too. It stopped raining before I left though, and 40% chance for the rest of the day.

Hope you keep it together the rest of the day, s0ck!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    She's an aussie shepherd named Buffalo, and is just over 3 months old. She's from a farm outside of town, and we're still trying to get her used to the sights/sounds/smells of the city. She's doing really well, and I'm hoping that she'll be riding along in the dog trailer in no time.
    That is an awesome coat color on your Australian Shepherd!

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    HWMCT??? AWESOME!

5 AM Bicycle Commute to Work, 26 Degrees, Spring route is 99% clear of snow, 90% swept from gravel, wishing traffic was always this lite! Might have to make this happen more often!!! So happy to be on slicks on off those sloooooow studs!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Beautiful weather so far this week and managed to avoid most of the rain over the weekend!

Finally hit the trails yesterday after my ride home. Had the slicks on for over a month just doing some road "training" and finally put the CX tires back on.

Ride safe,
    Matt
    "I have one speed. I have one gear: Go." -- Charlie Sheen

I Ride for Donuts
    Nice pic. I rode this one, since only mega-stretched beach cruisers were prohibited
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-picture1.jpg  

You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

I just broke up with my So of three years( I should seriously stop prefacing everything with this; maybe I'll make a sob-story thread like everyone else...) and am on my brothers couch. I can't find my Sidi's so I have been riding to work in street shoes(Converse skate shoes) on my Candy pedals. 4.5mi to the bus stop, bus ride to another city, 1.5mi from the bus stop there to work. Reverse for the ride home. On my SS mountain bike with 26x31x16 gearing. I'd put the pedals on my touring bike but I can't find my multi-tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    I just broke up with my So of three years( I should seriously stop prefacing everything with this; maybe I'll make a sob-story thread like everyone else...) and am on my brothers couch. I can't find my Sidi's so I have been riding to work in street shoes(Converse skate shoes) on my Candy pedals. 4.5mi to the bus stop, bus ride to another city, 1.5mi from the bus stop there to work. Reverse for the ride home. On my SS mountain bike with 26x31x16 gearing. I'd put the pedals on my touring bike but I can't find my multi-tool.
    If you come by tonight I could land you one and fix this pedal issue for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!