Page 232 of 607 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 242 282 332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 15153
    weirdo
    snOgre.
    All we got was more wind.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Pollen counts are through the roof, but I just couldn't drive today. Now I'm regretting it - asthma, itchy eyes, sneezing. But the wheels beneath my feet...It was fun while I was doing it...

Moderator Moderator
    Good. I found a new roll of hockey tape that was re-homed with a coworker, and a brain. OK, it was one of those squishy hand exerciser/stress reliever thingys in the shape of a brain.

mtbr member
    ^^^Ewww brains....

Legs were TIRED on the way home yesterday. I think I may have over done it a bit this week. Took today off.

I'm pretty excited though, my Cateye tells me that my commuting / utility miles are up to just a hair over 190 miles! Glad to be back on the horse

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I found a way through Morgan Meadow but I'll hesitate to call it a trail. It was mostly riding a cross bike through the woods. Crazy place to be riding that bike. When I got back to the road it was like angles were lifting me it was so smooth! The trails started good until I crossed the wet land area and then they faded to a stream bed and logging paths. This was the end of the good trail. I didn't ride across because it was about a foot deep with logs under the water. Too cold for a swim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-2012-04-12-17.49.21.jpg  

Moderator Moderator
    Cold. And hot. The thermometer has been stuck at 32F in the a.m., but probably went up 10 while I rode. Plus the first part of the ride has more downhill and the second part is all uphill, so it's hard to be comfy the whole way. I took off my light beanie and switched to regular mtb gloves at the dam and took a couple pix.. Barre City was buried in low clouds. Work is not far from the white windmill barely visible on the left side of the ridge (2nd pic). I haven't been able to make it up that steep grass/dirt rock strip up to the top of the dam - dang!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-p4131819.jpg  

How was your commute today?-p4131816.jpg  

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Very cool pix bedwards and mtbx!

I can just see the sky getting light when I get to the office now. I'll be riding to work in the daylight soon!

Hey, when you all share your pics, can you resize them a little smaller? I try to make mine no more than 800 wide. Otherwise they blow off the side of the screen and to read your text I have to scroll back and forth, not only on your post but on all the posts below yours. Not a huge deal and don't stop sharing!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I'm shooting for life size . Actually, my native images are 2560 wide so MTBR is already scaling them back. Maybe this is the excuse you need to do that computer upgrade. The images fit fine on my screen.

Try holding the control key and using the scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Yeah it's not a huge deal. My screen resolution is 1024 x 1280 and they are blowing off the right side. When I zoom out it's hard for me to read the text. I am OLD after all

[On Edit: Actually, bedwards, you called it, I had zoomed my browser in to 125%, when I zoom out to 100% I can see the whole photo. But the text is pretty small. Time for some reading glasses I guess!. Sorry for the whining everyone!]

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Thanks Woodway. I thought I fixed that using the camera settings because I hate to mess with them afterwards, but it was kind of a guess. I changed the setting again, a trial pic out the window...

Edit: Well that didn't work I guess I'll have to read the instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-p4131822.jpg  

I Ride for Donuts
    Cool Pics MTBX. Well not so much the tractor one...

Another fine spring day around here. Even my yellow glasses couldn't cheer it up this morning. Drizzly snow/rain for the whole ride today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How was your commute today?-picture1.jpg  

You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    It was raining about an inch an hour for the ride home, so I got soaked....(no rain gear).

Then it snowed at +2C....

Just an inch build-up.

Rode in on the slicks this morning....I stood up on a spiral ramp over the LRT tracks...rear-end went out and I went down on my shoulder...

Should stayed sitting....

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Hey, when you all share your pics, can you resize them a little smaller? I try to make mine no more than 800 wide. Otherwise they blow off the side of the screen and to read your text I have to scroll back and forth, not only on your post but on all the posts below yours. Not a huge deal and don't stop sharing!
    Thanks, Woodway. They float off the side of my screen too (at least I can scroll it back now), but I wasn`t going to say anything. I try to save my whine time for work where it feels better

Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    I didn't ride across because it was about a foot deep with logs under the water. Too cold for a swim.
    Hey man, whining is for Woodway and me- you`re cutting in on our territory!

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    MTBX - your pic is fine now that I have my browser zoom set to 100%. I dug out a pair of reading glasses from my desk so I can read the text too

jeffscott - ouch! Hope you are OK...

CB - it's sunny and beautiful here in Seattle today, so that's gonna be coming your way soon...

On including pics - what I do is upload mine to picasaweb (Google's free online photo sharing thingie). You can upload them in any resolution you want...when you grab a link to the photo picasa gives you a little drop down for what resolution you want the photo to display. Just past the link in between [IMG] [/IMG] tags in your post and google does all the resizing work for you. Easy as pie!

I Ride for Donuts
    Here's my picture again, just for you woodway
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    LOL! I clicked the thumbnail a few times and couldn't get it to open.

I wasn't whining. I just didn't want to mis-represent. I did lots of cool things in that ride but ridding across the stream wasn't one of them.

jeffscott, sorry about the shoulder. That's where I always seen to land on those loss of traction crashes. I'm not sure my right one will ever be the same. (crunch, crunch crunch)

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    Nice! I was able to zoom my browser to 400% and the text was HUGE!

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    26 and partly cloudy, still lots of snow...)O:

mtbr member
    65 and windy. Airzound worked. Driver outdragged. Back before high school let out and the real danger begins. All, in all a nice ride.

Nice pics. Gottagitmesum.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    1km shy of 100km this week. I'll have to do a bit extra this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Took the "long" way home from work today. Somehow managed to get a flat riding the gravel road (skinny tires @ 100 psi I guess don't like sharp rocks) but got it fixed and then swung by the bike shop to pick up some more tubes and CO2.

Since my car is in the shop, the lady friend and I will be riding our bikes to the local watering hole tonight and I have to say, I am a little excited.

Oh yeah, also saw this little snake laying in the road (luckily I think he was dead). Also, saw two gators and a turkey but did not stop to snap a pic.

Red and black, friend of Jack. Red and yellow....
    "I have one speed. I have one gear: Go." -- Charlie Sheen

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ender. View Post
    Oh yeah, also saw this little snake laying in the road (luckily I think he was dead). Also, saw two gators and a turkey but did not stop to snap a pic.
    Oh yeah, we pedal past gators all the time, no need to stop and take a pic!

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    I thought that snake was a beaded necklace. Glad I live in Alaska where there are no wild snakes! ;p

50 degree sunny commute home tonight! Snow is melting away. About 25 degree temp swing from AM to PM.

My short walk along my spring commute, snow is riding in the AM, and deep slush in the PM.

Ogre looking like an Ogre!

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Nice JordyB! We've got oodles of ogres!

weirdo
    It`s STILL windy, and cloudy/damp even though the forecast said we should be basking in windy sunshine by now. I was going to take a weekend camping trip down towards Carson Valley, but not so sure now. Have to see how it looks tomorrow.

Hope you`re okay by monday, Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    On including pics - what I do is upload mine to picasaweb (Google's free online photo sharing thingie)....
    ...Just past the link in between [IMG] [/IMG] tags in your post and google does all the resizing work for you. Easy as pie!
    For some reason, I haven`t been able to insert images for about a year now. It used to work for me, and I see it still works for other people. Anybody else no longer able to manage it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    26 and partly cloudy, still lots of snow...)O:
    There`s more snow in your picture than we had all "winter"!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Oh yeah, we pedal past gators all the time, no need to stop and take a pic!
    Do the gators and the moose get along well together, or are they constantly fighting it out?