Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226
Results 22,501 to 22,516 of 22516
    Pcyclo
    Bedwards, I think that I said that and you answered that you rather rely on the flotation of your fatbike tires ;o))

So, dry but windy today with gusts of 35kts. Ride in took longer, ride home was faster and the round trip average was ... average so nothing special.

Slipspace is sending nice weather over here, 3 warm and sunny days as from sunday. Hope to make the most.of it - could be the last nice days of the year...

mtbr member
    Was a good week on the commuter, started taking a street instead of the trail on the downhill way to work. They've been repaving and restriping the street so it now has a defined bike lane and side parking instead of a crazy 4 lane free for all. Shaves a good 6-8 minutes off the ride in. Is it ok to talk about it being dark yet? I started work a little earlier lately and I love it, less cars, less noise, less peoples, less light. makes me mo happy in the morning!
    2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

mtbr member
    ^^^It's good to hear that you're doing well. I've really been enjoying the dark morning solitude lately also.
    18" rigid Unit

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    This upcoming week looks like a good one for commuting. Temps in the high 30s/low 40s, dry. I just upgraded my bike to 1x10: 34t + 11-36. Since I was just riding in the 36t for all my commuting anyway, I decided to change. Eager to take it on the long ride. We'll see Monday.

mtbr member
    So despite the North West of the country getting the tail end of hurricane Ophelia (now storm class I believe) and 100+mph winds here on the east it bright, sunny, not really windy and we're anticipating highs of 23C!! Shorts and tee only required
    2017 - 1018/4000 commute miles

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Was feeling really good this morning, legs felt fresh and I was just cruising along. Nice crisp fall morning, temps in the high 50s, low wind.

Then something clunked hard on the ground, took me a few seconds to figure out what happened. The mount for my bar mounted light decided to disassemble itself, sending my light flying onto the concrete.

At least it will still be light for my ride home and I don't have to rely on my helmet light alone.

Pcyclo
    Late start today and rode with wife and kids to kindergarten. 13C already and very nice overall. Incredible 20C on the way home. Tshirt, helmet and go. 2 more.days of that are.coming apparently, yay!

oh my TVC 15
    Okay ride in minus the driver who gave me crap because I "cut her off" (after she parked in the middle of the pedestrian crossing at a stop sign). Best motorist quote ever after I said you have to stop at the stop sign, not in front of the sidewalk "Where does it say that?" reply "You mean stop? or at the sidewalk?. It says stop on that big red sign, it says before crossing the sidewalk in the law, the drivers manual, probably on the internet." On the ride home? Broke another spoke climbing. I don't think I've ever broken a spoke doing anything gut climbing.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    ^^^ Some motorists are so clueless. I hate the ones that try to be overly polite and wave you through intersections, etc. Appreciate the gesture but things would be more predictable if they would treat us like another vehicle on the road.

Bummer about the spoke. Repeated broken spokes are a sign of a bigger problem with how the wheel is put together.

Rain here today. Pretty much going to be the drill until next May

Pcyclo
    Too much power on the pedals forster. Spokes cant handle the torque ;o))

Red sun and sky here today due to sahara sand blown overhere by storm ophelia. Maybe slipspace had the same, at least from the UK I heard some news about it.

Again a near perfect day today. 14C this morning and a nice tailwind. Easy day at work and nice ride home again. Dust in the sky blocked the sun so temps stayed at 16C so sunglasses stayed in the pannier.

oh my TVC 15
    Spoke issue is likely more an issue with the way I'm put together than the way the wheel was built. There is a torque issue at play though, they always break in a climb. Typically I break spokes that aren't DT and aren't natural stainless. The last one broke at the nipple, but every prior wheel broke at the j-bend. This wheelset is a low count/low budget set I'll put on a bike with a lighter rider. I've got a Blunt SL/XT wheelset I'll use, but that needs the rear wheel respoked (Handmade Wheels wheelset, but with those dang black spokes). Never had any issues when I weighted 165# in the early eighties and I had a lot more torque.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    I hear ya Forster, I've been breaking a spoke every couple months, always on a climb where I get up out of the saddle and rock the bike. I try not to do that anymore, I just keep the bike straight up now. I also check my spokes every over day to make sure they are tight. I'd like to get a heavier duty rear wheel to support my 220# dad bod so I don't have to worry about it so much. But on the positive side I'm getting better at replacing spokes and truing wheels lol.
    2017 Giant Trance 2
    2015 Ghost Kato 5 (bikepacker)
    2016 GT Traffic 3.0 (commuter)
    1988ish GT Mach One

Pcyclo
    Nothing special yesterday and today. Nice days are over now, tomorrow afternoon rain is coming and from then on it will most likely rain a lot every day. So nothing special for this time of year either.

Kudos to the people having frost and snow already!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingdutchman View Post
    Red sun and sky here today due to sahara sand blown overhere by storm ophelia. Maybe slipspace had the same, at least from the UK I heard some news about it.
    Yes we did have that! Orange/red sky, really low light level. Not like dark though more like a solar eclipse. Was very weird.

Managed monday to wednesday, car today and tomorrow
    2017 - 1018/4000 commute miles

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Forster, I bow down to your superior power output

Nothing special here either, 40MPH wind gusts yesterday, pouring rain today. Fall has finally come to the Pacific Northwest of the US...

Pcyclo
    Dry rides today. Rain played tricks on me on the.way home. Rain when I left my office. Came outside, dry ??? Strapped the rainpants on the rear rack for quick access but I didnt need it. Made a short stop along the.way to take a nice pic along the way: sun between the yellow/red coloured trees, dark sky with rainbow in the background. A lovely sight to.start the weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 188