Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: mtbxplorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,803

    With Horns and Lasers, Fighting to be Noticed


  2. #2
    sheep in FOX clothing
    Reputation: ghettocruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,153
    Which is predicated on the idea that the problem is not being noticed by motorists.

    I swear sometimes high-visibility just gives them more time to plan their attack.

    I know I sound paranoid, it's been one of those months...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BrianMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,697
    In general, being seen sooner here means they have time to plan and I don't get the last minute braking and riding 3' off my tail (road will just fit two duellie pickups abreast) so I take the lane.

    There are some who seem to like to come too close. Some from looking at me and swerving over, some from not having a clue where the right side of their car or truck is, and some out of a perverse sense of 'having some fun'.

    So it is the completely distracted and the sociopathic drivers that I am left with (1%?), the other 99% understand I am helping them not make themselves have a very bad day.

  4. #4
    blet drive
    Reputation: JUNGLEKID5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    some sweet lights in there
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

  5. #5
    Level 5 Rider!
    Reputation: Desidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    233
    No revolights for mountain bikes yet. Not that I really want extra weight on my tires anyways but it probably is the coolest looking of the bunch. lol. (and the most expensive costs almost half of my bikes cost.)
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Medic Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    No revolights for mountain bikes yet. Not that I really want extra weight on my tires anyways but it probably is the coolest looking of the bunch. lol. (and the most expensive costs almost half of my bikes cost.)
    Yeah, I e-mailed them and told them to stop sending me e-mails until they come out with a 26" size version, because that is all I run; tourer, commuter, or off-road. Hopefully they'll come down drastically in price in the meantime because they are way too pricey.

    With reflective sidewalls and reflective tape pinstriping my fenders I've got a pretty good outline of bike tires anyway, for no weight, little cost and no concerns about gear failure. Not that the Revolights aren't cool, if they came in 26" and money weren't an object I'd definitely try a set out.

    Regarding horns, I don't ride (other than mountain biking) without my Airzoundz, and sometimes it does get used to get noticed. It's saved me several times from being squished between cars drifting into the bike lane and the parked cars adjacent.

Similar Threads

  1. On the horns of a dilemma
    By Finch Platte in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 05:32 AM
  2. Dual elect Horns mounts
    By kdc1956 in forum Cargo Bikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
  3. Fighting an old demon.
    By Pipe-Dreams in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 05:44 AM
  4. air horns?
    By ehigh in forum Commuting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 09:50 PM
  5. Video of Sunday Ride with the Horns Hill Collective
    By OneEyedHito in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •