Moderator Moderator

With Horns and Lasers, Fighting to be Noticed

sheep in FOX clothing
    Which is predicated on the idea that the problem is not being noticed by motorists.

I swear sometimes high-visibility just gives them more time to plan their attack.

I know I sound paranoid, it's been one of those months...

mtbr member
    In general, being seen sooner here means they have time to plan and I don't get the last minute braking and riding 3' off my tail (road will just fit two duellie pickups abreast) so I take the lane.

There are some who seem to like to come too close. Some from looking at me and swerving over, some from not having a clue where the right side of their car or truck is, and some out of a perverse sense of 'having some fun'.

So it is the completely distracted and the sociopathic drivers that I am left with (1%?), the other 99% understand I am helping them not make themselves have a very bad day.

blet drive
    some sweet lights in there
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Level 5 Rider!
    No revolights for mountain bikes yet. Not that I really want extra weight on my tires anyways but it probably is the coolest looking of the bunch. lol. (and the most expensive costs almost half of my bikes cost.)
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    No revolights for mountain bikes yet. Not that I really want extra weight on my tires anyways but it probably is the coolest looking of the bunch. lol. (and the most expensive costs almost half of my bikes cost.)
    Yeah, I e-mailed them and told them to stop sending me e-mails until they come out with a 26" size version, because that is all I run; tourer, commuter, or off-road. Hopefully they'll come down drastically in price in the meantime because they are way too pricey.

With reflective sidewalls and reflective tape pinstriping my fenders I've got a pretty good outline of bike tires anyway, for no weight, little cost and no concerns about gear failure. Not that the Revolights aren't cool, if they came in 26" and money weren't an object I'd definitely try a set out.

Regarding horns, I don't ride (other than mountain biking) without my Airzoundz, and sometimes it does get used to get noticed. It's saved me several times from being squished between cars drifting into the bike lane and the parked cars adjacent.