mtbr member

Here she is......Giant seek 2

Finally picked up my Giant Seek 2 for commuting this year. Previous years I have commuted into work on my mountain bike and that just want cuttin it. So this year I have decided to step it up and get a dedicated commmuter. Here she is....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    nice!

--where'd you get that mudflap on the downtube( the one for the front wheel...is that the downtube) and how much? i've seen those on a few others and thnk it looks very clean.

big ups.

mtbr member
    thanks!
    I picked it up at my lbs for $15. I cant say it works well or not but looks pretty sweet. I didnt really like the full fender look so i settled on this.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by tryallrider
    thanks!
    I picked it up at my lbs for $15. I cant say it works well or not but looks pretty sweet. I didnt really like the full fender look so i settled on this.
    I was just about to ask "why not full fenders"

I personally like the full fender look, and the functionality rocks.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I was just about to ask "why not full fenders"

I personally like the full fender look, and the functionality rocks.
    +1 for full fenders for a bike to be worth of commuting status. They keep the mud/grit on the ground and not on my back and also make my beater even more unattractive to the average thief.

That said, I am curious on how well the back fender works, it looks like it should deflect off most things.

mtbr member
    first ride yesterday was great did about 10 miles and it was wicked nasty muddy salty out and the fender seemed to work pretty well the front one is so so it didnt reall help a ton but it was only 15 bucks.

these fenders will probably end up on my mountain bike for the first part of the season when its really wet out and ill end up getting some full fenders for this bike. Ill post some pics when i switch em up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have a Giant OCR 3 entry level roadie for my commute. I have to say that it's served me well and it's best thing I've ridden for under $600.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    w/ the downtube fenders, can you still mount them on the downtube if my rear derrlr cables are mounted on the bottom side of the downtube? - thats they way the setup is on my rockhopper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by firstlast
    w/ the downtube fenders, can you still mount them on the downtube if my rear derrlr cables are mounted on the bottom side of the downtube? - thats they way the setup is on my rockhopper.
    you have to take a look at them. There are a couple of different manufactuers. Some have little feet that keep the fender off of the down tube that you can run between your cables.

Rides like wrecking ball
    Very cool. Reminds me of my Cypress SX from a few years back. The new SX appears to have gotten "softer" so it's nice to see Giant still has a full rigid speedbike in their offerings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    For a commuter, I'd def. sugest getting full fenders, they'll keep you way cleaner that the ones you have installed. They'll also do a much better job of keeping the bike clean.

I use that rear fender on my Giant Anthem for muddy races. It keeps the crap of me, but it certainly doesn't keep gunk off the bike like real fenders would do. But for mtn biking, when you're gonna get dirty anyway, it works pretty well. It's light, and it's easy on, easy off.

I really like the Seek model bikes. The white one with the alfine hub is reallllly nice. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one, but then the crap economy hit, I almost lost my job, and I'm about to start a new job. But the new job is about an hours drive. Certainly wont be commuting anymore, no need for the bike. I will be carpooling however with two buddies of mine.

Enjoy the new ride!

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by nattybohfiend
    I have a Giant OCR 3 entry level roadie for my commute. I have to say that it's served me well and it's best thing I've ridden for under $600.
    im working on mine

"If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Fenders

Hi. I'm new to MBR.com. Glad to be here. I just bought last years model (2010)Giant Seek 2. I'm looking for fenders and was wondering how yours have treated you and if you decided to change them up at all? Your Bike looks great. Once I get mine fine tuned I'll post some pics.

dirtbag
    If you're going to go with fenders, go full. The one's posted about will prevent some water spray from hitting you and your bike. Full fenders with flaps will do a much better job. Big ass puddle in your path? Just laugh in its face and plow through. You won't get wet.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi there,

I am a newbie here from Australia. Saw a factory backed sale from MC Cyclery.
    Any opinion for Giant Seek 3 bike? I am just a regular commuter from home to work.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1 View Post
    For a commuter, I'd def. sugest getting full fenders, they'll keep you way cleaner that the ones you have installed. They'll also do a much better job of keeping the bike clean.

I use that rear fender on my Giant Anthem for muddy races. It keeps the crap of me, but it certainly doesn't keep gunk off the bike like real fenders would do. But for mtn biking, when you're gonna get dirty anyway, it works pretty well. It's light, and it's easy on, easy off.

I really like the Seek model bikes. The white one with the alfine hub is reallllly nice. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on one, but then the crap economy hit, I almost lost my job, and I'm about to start a new job. But the new job is about an hours drive. Certainly wont be commuting anymore, no need for the bike. I will be carpooling however with two buddies of mine.

Enjoy the new ride!
    As an owner of the Seek 0, I can tell you that bike is better than you can imagine. I have over 4000 miles on mine last year. Great choice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    looks pretty sweet!

mtbr member
    Love the brushed aluminum finish. Looks like a serious commuter.