mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Goggles for night riding with prescription glasses

Does anyone out there with prescription glasses ride in very cold weather (<15 degrees F) at night? If so, do you wear something like ski goggles to cover the glasses? I find that I will probably need to do so because my glasses get fogged up when I wear a combo clava. Has anyone found a pair of goggles that will:

1. fit over prescription glasses
    2. fit with a bicycle helmet, and
    3. work well for night riding in areas that are lit only by bicycle lights?

I've read that ski goggles work better than safety glasses because the former do not fog up as much. Also, I am inclined to get clear lenses. But has anyone tried the Scott "night amplifier" lens? Thanks for your recommendations.

Blind biker
    i have the same problem. I dont want safety goggles as im biking to class and dont want to look dorky when i get there.

mtbr member
    I fought this for years and found no good fix until......I got contact lenses at the age of 36. That is the ONLY reason i got contacts in fact and i have been kicking myself ever since. I don't know what i was waiting for.

It completely cured the problem and as a side benefit i have better vision, no more glasses etc.

Blind biker
    i dont want contact becuase of the price. mine were quoted at 1000 dollars a year. that and i generally dont like putting things near my eye.