Thread: fun commuter

Drinking the Slick_Juice

fun commuter

yes it looks funny and it does get made fun of but its a heck of a ride

sorry but the camera phone is all i got
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Don't know why people make fun of it. Looks wicked fun. I'd ride the hell out of it.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    they(people at work) call it an old man bike. they think its slow, but they are wrong....

i guess i went overboard on the stickers.

Moderator Moderator
    That does look fun and perfectly serviceable to me. Don't let it bug you, I assume these are drivers talking, not riders. Besides, as you can see here, commuters are all a little "different", bike to yuur own drummer.

mtbr member
    It will be WAY lighter than my CCM from childhood an that was a very fun bike. Then there's the >$4 gas thing. You should have a very big grin on.

weirdo
    I like it!
    Not enough gear range to suit my riding, but very nice in the looks department. Looks like it`s crying for a basket of some kind.

Drinking the Slick_Juice

I dont know about the basket....

took a couple more shots outside

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by nuck_chorris
    Now you`re talking- Basket is where it`s at for a "townie"! You have room on your bars for a pine tree air freshener? You could be REALLY pimpin`.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc
    It will be WAY lighter than my CCM from childhood an that was a very fun bike. Then there's the >$4 gas thing. You should have a very big grin on.
    im glad i live so close to work i can ride this, gas is getting pretty bad nowadays.
    im thinking about getting my first car then i ride to work and forget all about it.... dont know what to do about this coming winter though

PRETENDURO
    There is no such thing as a “slow bike” if the right person is riding it.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Who needs a the latest and newest gizmotech bikes out there? '80s-90s MTBs turned Singlespeeds will last forever and can be ridden over any terrain. Most of these old bikes have never been ridden close to the limits of their potential. I trail ride on an old Univega Alpina 5.1 and commute on Mongoose All Terrain. Got both at Goodwill years ago. They show no sign of giving up the ghost soon!

Swedetarded
    Quote Originally Posted by nuck_chorris

Ask yourself "how many beers can this basket hold" and then determine if it is good or not.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dinglespeed
    Who needs a the latest and newest gizmotech bikes out there? '80s-90s MTBs turned Singlespeeds will last forever and can be ridden over any terrain. Most of these old bikes have never been ridden close to the limits of their potential. I trail ride on an old Univega Alpina 5.1 and commute on Mongoose All Terrain. Got both at Goodwill years ago. They show no sign of giving up the ghost soon!

free bikes mostly good. pretty much everyone where i live knows me as the "bike guy" so they give me bikes they dont ride anymore. some lady in my neighborhood told me to haul this one away.