Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    MTB, Road, Commuting
    Hard Rock Cafe soft back pack thingy a few days ago, very clean. I've actually used it a few times now. It folds up and fits in the seat pack but holds quite a bit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Found a $20 bill a few months ago....If the trend continued and i found a 20 every hour on the bike id make it my job.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I found a small wooden box with $37 inside.........all in change!

I Ride for Donuts
    I found a pair of these yesterday on the commute home. Wife will appreciate them for the garden:

And this morning I got leid! Good week!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found any roadside treasure on yer commute?-picture1.jpg  

You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    On my bike camping trip I found a Kindle, the case scuffed but the glass intact, news still on the screen, and the power light comes on. However, I have since charged it and it seems frozen. I need to research if there is some reset function, or maybe try surgery.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Nice Fiskers. I've found all kinds of stuff
    - Many black bungies
    - Several tiedown straps. One complete ratcheting but a little bent but I can fix it with...
    - A set of vice grips.
    - A few months ago I found 2 LARGE tarps. Had to ride 2 miles 1 handed to get them home.
    - I saw what appeared to be a bag of Pepridge Farm Mint Milano cookies- in good condition - but I didn't' stop.
    - 7 pin to 4 pin trailer light adaptor
    - Riding glasses - in good shape
    and more

I Ride for Donuts
    Wow MTBX, that's a score!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Thanks but I bet you were talking about the kindle. And I'll agree.

I Ride for Donuts
    Yes I did a quick edit... you snuck in there. Could have been talking about the cookies though!

mtbr member
    I found a Snap On Tools 1/4" Collet 90 degree air grinder.

AT109, Die Grinder, Air, Mini, 90 Angle, 1/4" Collet (20,000 RPM)
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    One Cardinal whose October has not gone well (hope it isn't an omen for St. Louis):

Cardinal - YouTube

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Found a bent 8mm box end wrench yesterday.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I found a nice looking camera bag so I picked it up. The bag had about over a pound of pot in it. I don't know anything about drugs but a friend told me he thought it was a dealer's bag and likely got tossed out the window because the dealer thought he might get pulled over by the cops. Supposedly this happens every so often and the dealers drive around the block after a few minutes to pick up their stuff.

I must have just happened to ride past at the right time.

I don't smoke and don't like dealing with the police so I just put the contents of the bag in the compost heap.
    Mark Farnsworth
    http://febikes.wordpress.com, Raleigh, NC

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I wouldn't use the bag to take your camera through airport security.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by febikes View Post
    ... I just put the contents of the bag in the compost heap.
    you just composted $3-400
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

mtbr member
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Dang, no good treasure lately? My only find recently was one almost new Craftsman glove with an empty pack of menthol Camels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i see stuff but this time of year its too cold to stop. last week i saw a few baseballs scattered every couple hundred feet. must have left a box of them on top of a car or something.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I haven't found anything lately but I have put a lot of it into use. I used the sport wallet and Columbia hat for skiing last weekend. I had picked up a decent looking but smashed watch last summer that I just harvested the band from to use on my sport watch. All of this stuff is in almost new condition.

mtbr member
    Yesterday, I was shocked by what first looked like a fetus on the shoulder just inside the rumble strip. (No pics, which is just as well). I took a second look. The small muzzle and tail said non-human. The lack of an umbilicus was the clue. The dead possum on the other shoulder was its mother. Never seen a possum before it emerged from the pouch other than in pictures. I've got to stop reading Stephen King. He makes for an unsettling imagination is such situations.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Saw a pool ball (12, if that matters) today. Didn't stop to pick it up, but may get it if it's there next time I go that way, just to see what happens when you break a pool ball.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I found a fleece lined pigtail hat this morning, good condition. I don't think I'll be needing it this season.

Like ThisName:  hat.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  2.6 KB

mtbr member
    I found my Dad's cell phone this am. Was at the end of his driveway, must have dropped it when he got the paper.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

yesterday I rode past a pretty long 3/4" drive socket extension that looked pretty beat up. Not exactly a treasure like a lot of the tools described in the thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    There is a nice bungee cord on my route that I've been meaning to pick up for several days. But it's in a fast section and I never want to stop.

I know this is an old post but I've been riding past the same black bungie cord for two weeks now. It's right at a light so I keep thinking I'll catch it on a red, but it's always green! lol

I've also found the usual small ammounts of cash. Passed a $1 bill in a driving rain storm last fall. No way was I stoping in that deluge for a buck. Besides, there was a guy pushing his motorcycle a block back from that dollar so I bet he needed the good fortune more than I did.

Got a darn near new pair of leather gloves not two blocks from that dollar on a different day. A helmet light while walking the dog.

Love finding things. I know one day I will own a metal detector for beach combing in my old age.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast