Nuts

Fogged Up Eyeballs!

Hi, I recently started commuting and I was having fogging problems with my glasses. So this morning I went without at -6 F and my breath coming up from my mask fogged up my eyeballs. I know it sounds silly but I have worked outside in very very cold weather for the last 20 years and have never had this happen. My question is.....what are you guys using for eyeware in sub freezing temps? And by the way this winter commuting thing is a blast I have never had so much fun going to work.
    Thanks........Bob
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I wear a fleece balacava but leave my nose uncovered. The bottom of the opening is resting on the bottom of my nose. I rarely have fogging problems with my glasses when I do this...however it's still cold. I wear ATV goggles over my glasses which helps keep my eyes warm, but they tend to fog up when I stop. Some nicer quality goggles should help that, or get some safety glasses (search, there's been recent talk of this method).

Moderator Moderator
    I try to lower my facemask or neck warmer a bit to re-direct my warm breath when going uphill or stopping as this is when I tend to have fogging issues. I keep meaning to buy some catcrap or other antifog skiing stuff to try but never seem to remember. The glasses I have (Panoptx) have a little bit of a foam eyecup that cuts down on cold wind, dirt & fogging, but probably not helpful if you're talking about prescription glasses.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Basically if your googles or glasses are fogging.....

You ain't going fast enough...and/or your breathing into the googles/glasses.

BTW eyeballs don't fog up....eyelashes might freeze up but not eyeballs...

Well unless your dead.

Oh and I am betting the temp is with windchill.

mtbr member
    Cat Crap. I use it for biking, snowboarding and motocross. Use it with a good cloth.

http://www.campmor.com/cat-crap-anti...ci_sku=83081WC