WI. Big Boy MTBer

First SS on the way!!

Been looking for an inexpensive alternative to using my car for round town errands and possible future commutes. I wanted something simple and didn't want to slap down several hundred dollars on my first SS.

I had been looking at the SE racing Draft with a hi ten steel frame. I did some research and asked alot of questions and came to the conclusion that the Draft wasn't worth it.

I happened upon www.roadbikeoutlet.com and was intrigued with the Vilano SS / fixie.
    I read some reviews and pulled the trigger today.!! I can't wait!! There is just something so exciting about the simplicity of a SS! I am really excited about this purchase and look forward to doing alot more road riding in the very near future! I do plan to use this bike as more of a utility / fun machine for the here and now as my commute is close to 30 miles one way. I am going to be looking into mass transit and using the bike for at least a portion of the commute. I am also hoping to find more gainful employment closer to my city.

Gasoline is going to near $5/gallon this summer.. I want to be able to leave my car parked as much as possible.
    '11 Giant Revel frame / full rigid Surly 1x1, MAVIC, Continental, Bontrager, Milwaukee

NO SHOX

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    delete

double post
    '11 Giant Revel frame / full rigid Surly 1x1, MAVIC, Continental, Bontrager, Milwaukee

NO SHOX

mtbr member
    Sounds good! I combine my bikecommute with the bus (there's a rack on the front), and I must admit that watching them raise the price at the nearby gas station as I waited for my bus recently was a pleasurable experience.

WI. Big Boy MTBer

Yep.. there are racks on the buses here as well.. Looking forward to getting this bike and using it for a means of transportation!

NO SHOX

mtbr member
    So, how is the Vilano SS?? I am about to order one and I can't find a lot of info on them.

Thanks!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race. ~ H.G. Wells

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Very decent! It's not gonna be laden with top shelf componentry, but for an all around urban assault bike..
    Great buy!

NO SHOX