mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Fill out the FCC forms...see bottom of article

http://www.velonews.com/article/8966...fightin--words

Guys like this are going to get someone KILLED.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Done. That was probably the most disgusting thing I've read in quite some time. Completely unwarranted acts of violence, simply because he was inconvenienced or for whatever other childish reason he's citing as an excuse to injure and/or kill another human being. I'm surprised that he didn't try citing passages from the Bible to substantiate his argument.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    WJOX 94.5 - Birmingham AL, go hit the cyclists...

From: http://www.alabamacyclingnews.com/bi...id=77:advocacy

"My name is Lance Taylor, I am one of the co-host of the Roundtable on WJOX. My partner and I made some borderline ridiculous comments about cycling on Thursday and as you know there has been some obvious fallout. I do want to let you know, not that it matters, that what was blogged were not my direct comments. It really doesn't matter because my comments were uneducated. I would like to tell you that the past 48 hours have been a little strange and to be honest unproductive for all parties.

With all of that said I think that there is an opportunity for not only WJOX, but our listeners to learn a little bit more about what your community has to deal with on a daily basis.
    As I have stated, I made a mistake, but why not use positive energy and let others like myself become informed of the dangers of motorists and cyclists.

If you have a moment please email me and let me know if you or someone would like to be a guest on our show this week to discuss.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

If you would like to go on the show, please email me and I'll provide you with the contact information. I'm definitely not the person for this. I'm not very...call it-politically correct on these things"

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

LCI #1853
    Quote Originally Posted by citybiker
    http://www.velonews.com/article/8966...fightin--words

Guys like this are going to get someone KILLED.

Done done it yesterday... Filing a complaint with the FCC is the way to go with these sorts of bozos. Their broadcasting license comes up for renewal every couple years or so, and the Form 200 complaints are kept on file by the FCC.

KJOX will have some 'splainin' to do the next time they try to renew...
    Ride a mountain bike... you will not regret it if you live.
    [SIZE="1"](with apologies to Mark Twain & The Taming of the Bicycle)[/SIZE]

human dehumidifier
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    the bizarre thing about the station in Madison is that the general manager of the station lost a sister when she was killed by a motorist while cycling. That station actually sounds like it needs more of a beating than the one in Alabama, they are unapologetic.