mtbr member
    Jul 2007

fenders that fit

I have a hardtail that I have been using as my commuter, since my old commuter is having problems after only 30 years (old beater), and I'm looking for fenders that can fit on it. Any advice? I'm looking to fit this under a rack.

Frt Range, CO
    Planet Bike makes 26', 29", 700C in multiple widths. I'm ordering a set of 29er MTB fenders for my bike.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...?category=1795

Cheezy Rider
    I use the Planet Bike clip-ons on mine. To make it work with the rack, I ran the rear fender above the v-brake and wrapped some duck tape around the fender and rack so the fender is held tightly to the rack. No rubbing, no clatter, and I have a buddy who swears that the more duck tape you have on your bike the less likely it is to get stolen, so it's also an anti-theft device!

LevenBravo
    Anyone use downtube fenders? They look like they work well and seem unobtrusive, and saw 'em somewhere for $6.50! I will try to find out where and check back if I find em. Zillah

LevenBravo
    They are at JensonUSA made by SKS which also makes a quick release fender that looks like it connects to the seat tube, $14. I have not tried either though, just seem practical.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any ideas on what would fit on a suspension fork?

LevenBravo
    I think THE and Marzocchi both make fenders for a suspension fork

Cheezy Rider
    Lots of fenders work with suspension forks. Check out the Shockboard. Light, pretty cheap, good protection, easy to remove/install

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...ils.php?id=379

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    I know a guy that makes custom wood fenders, by recycling pallets, starting around $65.

The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

Cheezy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekJeff
    I know a guy that makes custom wood fenders, by recycling pallets, starting around $65.

Very nice!

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufudufus
    Very nice!
    Thanks, a second pair got shipped to Old Field Cycles out of Tallahasee FL just this morning. That set was made with a 48" rear fender, measured end to end over the arch for thier cruisers. The frames they make have an old english green and the natural pine grain just POPS. If you click the link it will take you to more pictures on the myspace page I set up. My turn around time is about 3 weeks, these are made on demand to fit/custom.
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!