Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Egged

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Egged

Anyone else ever been egged during your commute?

New PB for completing my hill climb, but I lost the turds in a Subdivision.

Oh well, I guess Eggs happen

Stosh
    If you happen to see my lungs back there, tell them I've gone on ahead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I was just road riding when the high school got out and some dumb kids through a pencil at me but it missed, they got the finger.

A minute later a pickup drove by and yelled something at me so they got the finger treatment and they started slowing down, so I called there bluff and waved my hand as if to tell them to pull over and started pedaling faster off the seat and they ended up driving away.

Usually now I let it go, but if I got eggs id probably get pissed again.

Happy in Happy Valley
    Jun 2008
    *sigh* I hate teens-with-something-to-prove. They worry me more then all the dogs and cars when I'm riding on the road.

I'd be super pissed.

LCI #1853
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatcm
    I was just road riding when the high school got out and some dumb kids through a pencil at me but it missed, they got the finger.

A minute later a pickup drove by and yelled something at me so they got the finger treatment and they started slowing down, so I called there bluff and waved my hand as if to tell them to pull over and started pedaling faster off the seat and they ended up driving away.

Usually now I let it go, but if I got eggs id probably get pissed again.
    You get treated nicer when you use all of your fingers when you wave... not just the middle one...

weirdo
    You guys get all the fun. I never even get flipped off.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh (Canada)
    Anyone else ever been egged during your commute?

New PB for completing my hill climb, but I lost the turds in a Subdivision.

Oh well, I guess Eggs happen

Stosh
    That's a load of crap.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

nnn
    mtbr member
    We're not all provilidged enough to ride in dreamy-land, you'll be amazed what a bunch of idiots smacked out of their heads will do from their cars...
    "Life begins at 140" Richard Burns
    http://www.nikolay-k.com

mtbr member
    I got pelted with balls of playdough a few weeks ago, they leave nice welts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You know now that I have had several hours to stew or cool off, I seem to be flipping between the two. I wonder what I would have done spur of the moment if I had of caught them. I mean considering the night I had, I would hate to have vented on any of the morons in that minivan.

I have been yelled at, single fingered, honked at, this was a first........ maybe a last.

Well like I said, I at least got a really good hill climb out of it.

Stosh
    If you happen to see my lungs back there, tell them I've gone on ahead.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh (Canada)
    Well like I said, I at least got a really good hill climb out of it.

Stosh
    well, you seem to have a pretty good attitude about it. as we all know; "$#!+ happens." You can be angry at the world, or you can search for positives and move on.

hopefully those kids find a better way to spend their time.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I got hit onetime with a coin or something, couldn't tell what it was. So I got the plate number down called the cops and when the cops caught them a few blocks later with a tip I think they pointed a gun at me. I just laughed and waived as I passed them sitting on the curb in handcuffs.

Double-metric mtb man
    Well, I've had cans tossed from vehicles and had folks egg on their dogs at me, but never been egged. Even witnessed a guy take a swerve at my wife while she was on her bike (he's lucky I was more concerned about her than catching him!).

Funny thing is... the two young guys in the sport truck that chucked the can seemed to be very shy when I caught up to them at the next light (both maybe 18, 140 lbs soaking wet...I'm 6' 235 and look very much like a cop).

Oh well. Some people are just jerks, but life goes on.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Call the police.

I don't flick people off anymore, I give them a thumbs down.

BIG and Bald
    Loaded paintball guns fit quite nicely on a top tube or the handlebars.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]

MTB Addict
    Jun 2007
    Worst I get are the moron cars who sit and beep their horns until you look back and acknowledge them. They get the finger, and if their window is open, a quick talk about "Don't honk at the bikers!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Comptiger5000, go read BikeSnobNYC. He's pretty sure that horns are magical buttons that can change reality.

Weekend Warrior
    Where is the respect nowadays. I couldn't have imagined disrespecting an adult when I was a kid.

Here in Florida however, there are punks that are brave when they sit in a car. My cop buddy and I were driving in my car and at the light just as it turn green the punk throws a McD's cup of soda out of the sunroof just as things start moving. So we followed them for about 2 miles until the next light, they were running their mouths, unbelievable the language that came out of them. When we finally stopped my buddy gets out of the car, flashes his badge and they turned as white as a piece of paper. He got them out of the car with my gun in his hand, called one of his buddies in a Sheriffs car, and had them sitting in handcuffs for about 15 minutes on the curb while a police dog was going through their car.

They weren't going to hold those kids anyways (unless they found something), but I bet you that scare shut their mouths up for good (i hope). After I washed my car we had a good chuckle and a beer. We should have called their parents just to add insult to injury.

BIG and Bald
    Quote Originally Posted by daleksic
    We should have called their parents just to add insult to injury.

You would have just gotten accused of harrassing minors and sued.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]

Ovaries on the Outside
    The last weekend my roommate and I were biking home and he was hit by an egg and I regularly get the drive by and a shout. I avoid reacting, but I do try and keep pace the best I can so I can talk about it with them at the next light, or better yet, if they pull into their house.

But really, biking is such a blissful experience that I can't complain about the few times I've had crap thrown at me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daleksic
    .... at the light just as it turn green the punk throws a McD's cup of soda out of the sunroof just as things start moving. So we followed them for about 2 miles until the next light......

After I washed my car we had a good chuckle and a beer. We should have called their parents just to add insult to injury.
    Do we assume your car got hit with the drink, then? Or you just happened to need a car wash?

I got "coined" the other night. Didn't stop to see how much I was worth.
    Where am I? And how the hell did I get here?

knock-knock...
    i got bottled a while ago, gave them a wave towards the side of the road. they came around the block, and i got a rock (thankfully that missed). then after some arm motions they stopped and some guy got out of the car. i came up and he was yelling about a fight till hsi friends told him to get back in the car.
    I think one of them saw my little buck strapped to the top tube
    id never use it, but it makes an excellent bluff.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000
    Worst I get are the moron cars who sit and beep their horns until you look back and acknowledge them. They get the finger, and if their window is open, a quick talk about "Don't honk at the bikers!"
    If their window is open spray them with warm sticky gatorade.

bee
    peace, love, happiness
    Apr 2008

Good job! Water in the driver's face is a good method!

Quote Originally Posted by I like to bike
    If their window is open spray them with warm sticky gatorade.

HAHA! That's my method too, except I usually only have water. And I only do that when I am really harassed. And actually I've only done this twice (water in the face, that is), with the last time being the most eventful.

You can't get into conversations/arguments with these people. And that is never my intention anyway, so if they roll down the window and start going on about how bikes should be on the sidewalk, I just squirt them in the face with some water and ride off. If it gets there clothes all wet, even better.

Even if they don't have their window up, the least you could do is squirt some water on there windshield. I've done this a few times. It's very passive agressive, and boy does it seem to get the blood pressure up. Come on! It's just a little water! But it is pretty funny to see how the driver overreacts.

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by skottt160
    ...I think one of them saw my little buck strapped to the top tube...makes an excellent bluff.
    You're serious? How does that joke go, "...brought a knife to a gun fight." You could have been beaten, shot, who knows. Lots of martial arts types and ex-military can de-knife you in a single move. Good luck, hope you never have to find out how well your bluff really works

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by bee
    ...it is pretty funny to see how the driver overreacts.
    Did one of them ever "overreact" by pulling a gun? Or trying to run you over? Jump out of the car and come at you with a baseball bat? Google "road rage" for a daily update...Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast