mtbr member

Drooling and Dreaming

It's no secret I've been saving, and waiting, and looking, etc for a new bike for my commute and JRA. At this point I've even settled on what I want and how I'll set it up. While I wait for the money to get right and the stars to align, I like to cruise the various bike sites for what's out there (cause ya never know when something even better will come along). Again this is nothing new as I was doing it before wanting a new bike. Lately I've been haunting BD and Ribble bike builder ( Ribble Bikebuilder | Frames | Wheels | Groupsets ), for my bike p0rn fix. Where are you getting yours?

P.S. found on CRC, past years bike Tiagra complete build kits including wheels for less than $600 (as in everything except tires, tubes, and frame/fork).
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Cycle Exif.

I have found, by working at a bicycle shop, that you really "get what you pay for" with the online bike retailers. there are lots of threads about BikeDirect and similar stores on this forum. I suggest you read up on those before getting too excited about those.

mtbr member
    bikeradar.com has reviews/features covering non-US brands--many targeted at markets where bike commuting is more commonplace. WARNING: You many not think your dream bike is "all that" after you see what else is out there.

Best Hybrid Bikes - BikeRadar
    Joe
    Chicago, IL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    Cycle Exif.

I have found, by working at a bicycle shop, that you really "get what you pay for" with the online bike retailers. there are lots of threads about BikeDirect and similar stores on this forum. I suggest you read up on those before getting too excited about those.
    Actually I already own one of their 29ers, and think mighty highly of it. BD has good stuff, if you know what you're looking for, and know how to maintain it. They're not cutting edge, or brag worthy but good solid bikes for those who just want to ride.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Yeah bikeradar has some good reviews, and I got some of the ideas for what I want by reading their articles. After reading a bit I even crossed a couple of possibles off my list based on what they had to say.