Moderator Moderator

Dog Poo Flinger says "Go Cry to Your Mummy" to Cyclist...

mtbr member
    She sounds like a charmer! I wonder how well she shared that path. Could cause cyclists to be too close.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    It takes some kind of anger to collect poo for the purpose of dumping it on another human being. That said, some people do need a wider berth on the trails. I know a guy who bikes the local path to keep himself healthy after some heart attacks, he's also shy some peripheral vision from strokes (If you've never had your peripheral vision go on you its shocking how difficult it can make things.) After talking to him a couple times I realized he legitimately needs a bit wider berth because of that. Unfortunately, without talking to him you wouldn't know it. It's not like when you look at someone you go, "oh, clearly his peripheral vision is diminished, I'll give some more space." As much as it is up to you, live peaceably with all men. Sadly sometimes when you've done all you can and some folk just aren't peaceable.

Dog Poo Flinger says "Go Cry to Your Mummy" to Cyclist...

It is annoying that some riders treat multiuse paths like race tracks.

But throwing dog poo at one is hardly a constructive way to handle it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    But throwing dog poo at one is hardly a constructive way to handle it.
    No, but I'd lay odds it was very satisfying to have done (at least to her).

When I was driving truck (about 15 years ago), there was an idiot making a hairy nuisance of himself for several hours. Someone had figured out which truck was his, and went over to the pet walking area to collect dog scat. When the idiot left his truck to go eat, the other driver went and smeared his collections under his door handles, then dumped the rest down his exhaust stacks. When the idiot came back he got a hand full of crap, then when he climbed in and started up his truck, the exhaust pressure expelled the crap all over his truck, and then what remained in the stacks pretty much baked. Was this nice, or proportional, or constructive? No, but we never had to deal with that idiot ever again.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    ^^ Yes tunnel vision is a PITA. Fixed it. Vision issues do make sudden close ride bys more unsettling especially if the hearing is not up to snuff. Seems to me that a small hand held air horn would have made her point without the assault.

Natural Born Killer
    "She has no previous convictions but two cautions for common assault and criminal damage from 2007."

Exactly how in the UK does one receive a "caution" for common assault or criminal damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrufryder View Post
    Silly rabbit Jack Daniel drinking donkey kissing caterpiller

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nemhed View Post
    Exactly how in the UK does one receive a "caution" for common assault or criminal damage?
    I believe a uniformed man blows a whistle and holds up a yellow card.

mtbr member