Did I catch a niner?

No good Disc brakes and fenders

So this seems to be a real issue on my Fisticuff. I have gotten both fenders on there but one is screwed into the brake mount which I would prefer not to happen.

Just curious what adapters you all have used and had sucess with? I am using a set of SKS Commuter Hybrids.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The Planet Bike Cascadia fenders come with extra wide spacers to get the disc side spaced far enough out to use your normal fender mounts but still clear the disc caliper. They work well. If you've already got SKS fenders, you can buy the Cascadia hardware kit from Planet Bike (free shipping) and and retrofit your SKS fenders. That shouldn't be an issue.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I went to my local hardware store and bought some longer bolts and "cable stops". I think I spent about $5 total.

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, or just use a stack of washers -- that's what I'm doing on my Big Dummy (hydraulics & fenders).

I would *not* keep the fender screwed into the brake mount... I could imagine the stay shifting a little bit, and the caliper coming loose when you really need it. Those caliper mounting bolts are usually Loctite-ed and torqued in pretty hard to avoid any play.