mtbr member
    May 2008

Did u ever break traffic rules just to win a race?

Hi guys,

As I mention before. Whenever I commute, will ride hell fast to train up myself. Recently during my commuting , met a fellow cyclist who shall ride hell fast too. We have a mini race between ourselves but when near the traffic light area which long ago show turning red.. This guy just risk his own live and other motorist by dashing across the junction causing those who has the right of the way to jam brakes...

Yes, we have a race but I don't see he need to break the rules, threatening his own life just to satisfy his ego.. Just a simple sparing!!

Just want to find out anybody did similiar thing ???

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Depends. If I'm doing an alleycat I won't risk injury to myself or others, but if I can hurry along by running a stop sign or light I will. Usually I obey all traffic laws. It gives me a chance to practice track standing. This is probably why I'm the best track stander in the city.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I totally ignore traffic regulations, and just worry about traffic.
    The red light won't hit be .. the car will.
    Similar logic with pedestrians.

Forcing cars to come to a screeching halt just seems like an idiotic thing to do, imho.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Not regarding racing someone, but...

When I'm riding into or out of downtown (Denver) there are no traffic laws. I'll do anything I can to get away from the cars and onto the peaceful bike trails. Sidewalks, parking lots, wrong ways, it doesn't matter. Simply survival.

Anywhere else I strive to obey traffic laws.