Moderator Moderator

Copenhagen Cycle Superhighways Video

Edit: It looks like the embed code below isn't working for me. Here's the link instead: Copenhagen Cycle Superhighways Boost Bicycle Commuting --NTDTV.org

PRETENDURO
    Good stuff!!! Would be nice to see anything 1/2 that good ever happen en masse here in the United States.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Good stuff!!! Would be nice to see anything 1/2 that good ever happen en masse here in the United States.
    The reality is not quite as pink as that clip suggests

Magura

Moderator Moderator
    ^^It did look a bit crowded to me, like it would be hard to go your own pace, or are there other issues like where the paths go/don't go, or ????

DIY all the way
    It's pretty half baked really.

Intersections with limited overview, poor maintenance, too narrow for the traffic load, and so on.

We have loads of bike paths here in Denmark, but often they are in a poor condition.

To tell you the truth, I would guess that most Danes would have been happier if the money had been spent on upkeep of the existing bike paths.
    Seen from the politicians point of view, that unfortunately does not create a lot of PR to do, but inventing another project that is going to lack maintenance does.......go figure.

Magura

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    To tell you the truth, I would guess that most Danes would have been happier if the money had been spent on upkeep of the existing bike paths.
    Seen from the politicians point of view, that unfortunately does not create a lot of PR to do, but inventing another project that is going to lack maintenance does.......go figure.
    Ah, the universal truth...
    No matter how much good a little project can do, if it isn`t easy to point to while taking a bow, nobody wants to tackle it. Much better to dump a million into a big, highly visible (sexy) spectacle and just hope you don`t draw ridicule from the majority of the voters (who will probably never attempt to make use of said project).
    Recalculating....