Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I hoped someone would post from the Boston area today. Talk about an excuse!

Sympathies to all those who were or whose families were affected by all the incidents in the Boston area.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    You sure got some neat pics from it, though. Very cool looking building in the top one, too.
    Thanks! Thats the apartment building I live in, great view of downtown Indianapolis!

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-399390_961218309113_1668644088_n.jpg

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    I hoped someone would post from the Boston area today. Talk about an excuse!

Sympathies to all those who were or whose families were affected by all the incidents in the Boston area.

BrianMc
    Here's a couple...
    "Amid the lock-down that paralyzed the area, a lone bicycle rider headed across the Longfellow Bridge."
    from Metropolitan Boston awakens under siege as police launch manhunt for Marathon bomber - Metro - The Boston Globe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-lockdown_72468.jpg  

mtbr member
    ^^ I don't think my eyesight is failing me, but I see two cyclists in that photo.

BrianMc

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I'll bring this thread back from a sleep.

I didn't' ride today. There have been other days I haven't rode but usually because it has been logistically impossible to do what I needed to do or there was a foot of snow forecast. No, today is different, I could have rode but didn't because I was out too late at a concert and after my few hours sleep I decided to take the car. I'll do 10 hail Shimanos and ride in a group ride in the morning.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I haven't commuted by bike since March. After my last shuffle-up, I'm working a Real Job but the commute is 130 miles round trip. At least I have a carpool going on.

On the other hand, with my newfound stability I've been riding and running for myself more than ever. Today is a non-ride day, but a planned one.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Wowza, 130 miles. How do you find time to ride with a 2+ hour commute each day? I'm lucky that my commute distance is nearly perfect that I can do it every day. That's still out of the house for 11 1/2 hours every day. Hmm, no wonder I'm tired by the end of the week.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I've been going on runs once or twice a week during lunch, and my after-work rides are an hour or an hour and a half. Also, my wife is super-supportive and does most of the household stuff. It's her city and she has a 5 minute commute each way, so while I'm certainly grateful, I don't feel guilty about it.

It's not ideal. But, all life is compromise.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

weirdo
    Things just kind of got away from me. I was running behind, then went to put on my gear and leave and remembered that my purse (er... front bag) hadn`t yet been restocked with all my lock, makeup, and other essentials, which were still scattered wherever I left them a few weeks ago, THEN the electical tape holding the broken hinge on my sun glases together gave out. At that point I decided I just wasn`t meant to ride in today.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I wasn't able to bike today because my bike buddy made another lame excuse not to bike today. Again.

mtbr member
    Wasn't able to ride yesterday evening or all of today due to some horrendous rain coming in on Tampa Bay. Hoping that they pass long enough for me to trek tomorrow morning and ride to my son's PT/OT office after work. I get to ride over a gnarly bridge and fly down the other side at about 25 mph. Highlight of my week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I didn't ride today because I got lazy............ Had to many beers last night. But my wife dropped me off so I brought my bike to ride on my way back home. Hoping to finally mark 1K miles on the bike by this week.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Two days off in a row! I guess winter is like that. Yesterday was actually because I had to take a trip for work but today was weather related. Fresh snow, sloppy shoulders, a foot of snow on the lake, no snowmobiles out yet to make the trails passable. Excuses I've got.

I didn't mind missing yesterday at -15F. I'll ride in it but it isn't my favorite temp.

mtbr member

No good

Because I fell and knocked myself out on dec 4. Dislocated a finger, had surgery, and haven't ridden a bike since. Doc says that it could be a year before the finger functions as normal.

mtbr member
    ^I can relate. Mine was just over a year before yours. Front tire deflated in turn. Did the helmet saved you from face abrasions?

I'd rather be on my bike
    I haven't ridden due to the winter conditions and the lack of a winter/snow capable bike. The fact that we had an ice storm this past weekend didn't help the situation, and neither will the fact that the temps will be below freezing for the next week preventing a thaw.
    '13 FELT TK3 48:15
    Fixed gear - but not a hipster
    2014 miles - 1021/2500

mtbr member

Re: The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    ^I can relate. Mine was just over a year before yours. Front tire deflated in turn. Did the helmet saved you from face abrasions?
    Helmet saved me from worse. Some abrasions on face, looked awefull, but those healed in a week.

Stitches go out tomorrow, hope doc is satisfied with the result

Sent from my M8pro using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    ^ Lost a helmet, brifter, a pedal, and many bike clothes as they cut them off me. It took another month post stitches to get the face so that it scared children about the same as it used to. I hope you heal faster.

mtbr member
    Stayed out way too late last night with some priest friends of mine, so it meant that there was no way I was getting up at 0500 to commute 9 miles and fight traffic. Luckily, we only had a half day today and tomorrow, so I didn't feel bad taking the minivan while the wife and kids stayed home.

But, everything is set up and ready to go tomorrow. Installed rear rack with panniers, so I don't have so much weight in the backpack, and I've got more space to slap lights on the back. Lol.

Must build all the wheels
    I have been a pretty consistent commuter for quite some time but here recently there have been a lot of days where I am at work at 5am and not leaving until 6pm. There have been a number of those days where I got lazy and drove instead of pedaled in.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Broken clavicle, I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to ride will be. I'll probably be able to so some road rides soon but nothing that is jarring or risks a crash for over a month. There goes the winter biking season.

weirdo
    ^^That`ll do it allright. Be careful about that "risks a crash" part when it comes to possible ice. I`m sure you`re going to be antsy, but take your time so you don`t turn several weeks into several months.
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    ^^Yeah, it's tough to be hurting, but its really tough to be kept from what you like to do and your normal routine.

A skiing friend is off the skis after cortisone etc. stopped working, and now titanium knees are planned. She's going so nuts she was driven to making a music video - with a Yeti. Throwdown, Bedwards!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Making a music video with a Yeti hasn't crossed my mind yet so I think I am safe. I did get a Contour Roam2 helmet cam for X-mas so I've got the tech to make a Yeti video. Is it posted somewhere?

The thing that really pisses me off is that I've been *****ing about the lousy fatbike riding and the trails not being right (especially last Thursday) and now they are stinking perfect. Perfect I tell you.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I cried uncle and took the car today. The race on Sun and 20 miles of snowy trails a few days in a row has my legs and knees screaming "Take a rest day!" Oh, and I needed the car for a dentist appointment this afternoon.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast