Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    weirdo
    Hehe... I thought about driving Monday (a little bit pressed for time) and it wouldn`t have bothered me too awfully much. One calander year was my goal and now that`s taken care of I won`t stress on a drive day here and there. How`s your goal of improving that recreation : commute ratio going? Going to wait for nice weather to hit the fun rides, or already on it?
    Recalculating....

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Here I am in the confessional thread. Today was the first time I have not ridden to work since October 7, 2011. I have to go to a work function tonight and decided that since I am not going for 100% bike commuting again this year, I would take the car to work. It was a weird feeling...
    Wow, that's a long time ago. Hope you don't forget where you parked or lock the keys in the car!

mtbr member
    This round of meds has hit hard. Typong isal srcewed ip and i fyrgit wat the thingy hte seat attaches to iz called. I need my wits about me out there! I can't remember where I put them They were here a minute ago....

BrianMc

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Again with the snow, that's 2 days off in a row for me The roads are a slushy mess, maybe tomorrow.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    How`s your goal of improving that recreation : commute ratio going? Going to wait for nice weather to hit the fun rides, or already on it?
    I've been doing trailwork almost every weekend since last November, but we typically put our tools away in early April and then I intend to bust out the Mountain Bikes and do more rec. riding.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Wow, that's a long time ago. Hope you don't forget where you parked or lock the keys in the car!
    Haha, my routine was off. A couple weeks ago I was driving with my wife and she was not happy with the way I was driving and said "you need to drive more, I think you are forgetting how".

I rode my bike today. Fittingly it was raining. But the world is right again.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMc View Post
    This round of meds has hit hard. Typong isal srcewed ip and i fyrgit wat the thingy hte seat attaches to iz called. I need my wits about me out there! I can't remember where I put them They were here a minute ago....

BrianMc
    Hang in there Brian!

weirdo
    A couple weeks ago I was driving with my wife and she was not happy with the way I was driving and said "you need to drive more, I think you are forgetting how".

She probably didn`t like you yelling "On your left" out the window twice per block. Especially if you were yelling out the passenger window with her ear in the middle.
    Recalculating....

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I had to do an emergency driveway repair for one of my rentals. It needed to be done while the ground was still frozen so my commute today included about 100 miles of driving with trips back and forth to the gravel pit. I burned more diesel today that I do in months of normal commuting.

jrm
    mtbr member
    It was raining cats and dogs. Did see one guy hauling in the rain and praised his willingness to ride in the rain.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Because the second car needed struts and snow tire dismounting so not room for the bike in the trunk and the bike rack is set up for the big car. Figured a short wait and ride. Nope. A service meeting and then a discovery of an about to fail brake line that is not stocked. Good they have WiFI I loaded some video and posted in some forums.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    because my ankle is about 5 sizes too large

mtbr member
    Front derailleur cable issue - they don't work so well when bent at 90degrees, plus a sheared saddle rail. I'm lucky to have a spare saddle on the parts bike, but have no cables or housing and the LBS is closed until Tuesday to buy them. Probably a good thing as the winds are gusting over 60mph at the moment, killed my commuting streak dead though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    broken knuckle from a scuffle last night

Fat-tired Roadie
    I haven't been commuting, period, for the last few weeks. I had my last day of classes on the 18th last month, and I've been moving to a new city. 80 miles and all the crap in my room are a little too much for me to do by bike!

It's not looking good for riding my bike to the new job. It's going to be a 66 mile commute each way. Hopefully I can carpool or something, but I live on the West Coast, so commuter rail is a fiction that people from the East Coast or Europe are trying to convince us of.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    I got a job for the summer. It's a little over 30 miles away by car, and it's in a town I've never visited by bike.

Wish me luck! TBH, a 60-mile round trip is probably something I'd only do some times a week. I'm not really interested in doing only the latter part by bike, because the nasty traffic I'd like to stop participating in is closer to home.
    I had my last day of classes on the 18th last month, and I've been moving to a new city. 80 miles and all the crap in my room are a little too much for me to do by bike!

It's not looking good for riding my bike to the new job. It's going to be a 66 mile commute each way.
    Hmmm...
    It sounds like not much improvement over your last situation. Is it a permanent job, or just filling time between semesters?
    Recalculating....

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Yikes, 66 miles each way. Ouch. Where did you move to?

Fat-tired Roadie
    The new job is permanent. At least I'm far away heading away from Seattle this time. I moved to Bellingham, WA and will be working just south of Everett, WA. My average speed may be over 60 for the trip, although time will tell. This could actually be an easier commute than last summer's, although it's making the car that worked so well as a supplement for moving heavy things or bikes feel like overkill.

Bellingham is a nice place to live and my wife works here. But after a lot of resumes and a couple interviews, I wasn't able to get a job in my field here. I'd probably move closer to work if that wasn't the same as dragging my wife further away from her job.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Too much tree sperm.

mtbr member
    Winds 20-35 with gusts above that, chance of thunderstorms, lightning, hail, might make 50 and humid (feel like 30's), dreary day, and it is Friday. There are a lot of dolts out there after 3 PM on Fridays. More on rainy days. OMGIF! Calling it a recovery day. Tomorrow promises much better.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Too much rain.
    I wish it was perfect weather all the time right?

mtbr member
    Winds 25-30 mph and the gusts are close to 45 by the feel of them! Howling in the tree tops. Ripping the blossoms off the weeping cherries. Beating the tulips petal-less. I need to get the miles up for another Habitat ride, but not bad enough to be blown into traffic. Several places funnel the winds to even higher levels. Nice 78 and got some exercise digging weeds. Severe storms tonight.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Weather kept me home...

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-wp_000570.jpg
    The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-wp_000578.jpg

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by nnorton44 View Post
    Weather kept me home...
    You sure got some neat pics from it, though. Very cool looking building in the top one, too.
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Tweaked the hell out of my back last night playing around a little bit with deadlifts at what I thought was a sufficiently light weight. Hopefully I'll be healed enough to ride for Monday.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    The new job is permanent. At least I'm far away heading away from Seattle this time. I moved to Bellingham, WA and will be working just south of Everett, WA. My average speed may be over 60 for the trip, although time will tell. This could actually be an easier commute than last summer's, although it's making the car that worked so well as a supplement for moving heavy things or bikes feel like overkill.

Bellingham is a nice place to live and my wife works here. But after a lot of resumes and a couple interviews, I wasn't able to get a job in my field here. I'd probably move closer to work if that wasn't the same as dragging my wife further away from her job.
    Got it. Well at least you can ride Galby a lot. That's worth something!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast