Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Yuck! Hang in there, Josh. I didn`t need surgery, but was out for a week with a small but stubborn (slow moving) kidney stone a couple years ago, so I know how delightful they are
    Thanks, I'm still feeling pretty bad as I've got some chunks that are still in there but I did go out for an easy ride this morning. I was going stircrazy without any saddle time.

mtbr member
    I drove today because I wasn't looking forward to biking with a mild hangover.
    Proud dad, coffee and beer lover, 2 wheel advocate, lifelong learner. Wife's blog: http://www.mymotheringmadness.com/

Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Sounds interesting, AS. I hope you plan to document with some pictures! For what its worth, I`ve ridden a little bit of Interstate 80 (doable, somewhat scary, not pleasant) and often ride a short section of non-interstate freeway to get out of town to the north (actually not a bad ride). Check with legality for your state, and do a careful cage view recon, but don`t discount it completely just because its interstate- it might end up being less evil than the "still scary" route. Are there any multimodal possibilities?
    Ooh! Sounds like a good excuse to try out some NEW TRIES!
    Actually, I've got a pretty strong multimodal possibility. One of my coworkers vanpools from somewhere pretty far away from where I live. My route and his route (driving, but potentially cycling too) intersect about halfway there. So if I ride to the right park-and-ride and meet his vanpool, I can do the part of the trip I really want to stop driving by bike, and ride the van for the part I'm more nervous about.

It is legal to ride the part of I-90 that I'd need to, and visibility's not terrible. I just don't want to. I think it's most likely between the multi-surface route and the regional highway.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by Burf View Post
    I drove today because I wasn't looking forward to biking with a mild hangover.
    I find it actually helps. Gets the blood flowing, moves those toxins along. Just don't push too hard. I actually used a ride as a recovery from a night of unexpectedly heavy drinking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I didn't ride today because I caught a bee in my mouth on the ride home on Friday and got stung on the inside of my upper lip. Little swelling Friday, got significantly worse over the course of Saturday, and I was somewhat high on Benadryl (been ~20 years since I've taken it) on Sunday to get the swelling down. Still a little bit this morning, so I drove.

Also I didn't get to do my weekend maintenance (thanks to the Benadryl) so my bike is in a few pieces in the garage, fenders half-installed.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I didn't ride today because my job's quite far, and figuring out a feasible way to do it has been tough.

I was playing around with Google Maps yesterday and found myself up to an 80 mile trip to ride out, pass by the park-and-ride where I might switch to a vanpool, ride the rest of the way to where I work, and then come back on an alternate route. I decided that was a bit much, so I just rode out to the vanpool, climbed a nearby mountain, and rode home. Just getting to the park-and-ride comes out at 16 miles and took me an hour and a quarter. (Ouch! Although not a bad speed for a heavily urban route.)

Maybe I can figure out a carpool from closer to home. But it's looking more and more like I'm just going to play "cager" this summer.

mtbr member
    106 degrees f + humidity. I stop commuting at 100deg. Gonna be hotter tomorrow so this post covers for tomorrow too.
    Tzvia.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I didn't ride today because I didnt realize it was raining. I had my bike out, helmet on, opened the garage door and saw the rain falling. Grabbed the car keys and drove. I'm not proud of this. I need some rain gear!
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Drove into town of ride spot and can smell fuel in the air nah no riding in that!!

unpossibles
    I'm 563 miles from my bike.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Carpooled to allow for a speedy exit to a long(ish) weekend at noon.

mtbr member
    Eight weeks plus one day without my car.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Confession! I've not been riding to work the past month or so! It's been so hot lately here in the Los Angeles area. I was able to get a ride this last Wednesday when it was cool in the morning. Felt good. I also got a new bike too, but I'm using the time off for pimping and upgrading the bike

I still ride my bike to shop and run errands, but I try to do that in the morning or evening.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I didn't ride to work today, because my bike is in the shop. Just bought it 2 weeks ago and I'm getting a weird chirping noise from the wheels. Hoping i can get it back and bike to work a couple more times before fall/rain kick in.

mtbr member
    Because I'm on vacation and drove seven hours three of the last four days,

BrianMc

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Complications of showing up at a meeting after work soaked and covered with road grime. It was the first day I've taken my truck to work after selling my car back in mid August.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Actually I'm back to commuting by bike. School's back in session, and my car has been sitting in front of my house undriven since Sunday.

To be honest, I'm about to hop in it and run it to the mechanic. I put a bunch of miles on it this summer. Time for an oil change and I want it checked out since I bought it (used) earlier this year.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Too much snow! We got about 6-7" and about half of it is still in the roads, the other half is where I ride. Not enough room for bikes and cars out there today.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ We only got 3", but I didn't ride either. Took the dog for a ski out back with the new Marquettes (billed as 70% ski, 30% snowshoe) - fun! They seem like they'll pack my feeder trail to the snowmobile trail system nicely for the fatbike.

jrm
    mtbr member

it's raining

and cold. F that
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    I didn’t’ ride today because…
    …I’ve been telecommuting four days per week for the past several months, and so therefore have 3-hour windows of opportunity for real rides in the middle of the day. Much nicer to go belt out 30 miles and at least 3,500 feet of climbing in the dirt up in the hills rather than on the asphalt with maybe 135 feet of climbing.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

MTB, Road, Commuting

Two days in a row!

My only excuse today is that the roads still had a ton of slush on them, it's raining and about 33 degrees. I probably could have made it but it would have been in no way enjoyable. And that's really what it's all about.

Moderator Moderator
    ^^ Looks like a good call, saw this posted by Bridgton ME Police Dept, where there were a few accidents. Miserable here too, my excuse was dogsitting, I can't say I was disappointed to miss it, but she goes home tomorrow. Lots of cold rain and a little wet snow every day, very icky slushy soupy. .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MTB, Road, Commuting
    ^^ They ain't lying.

Back on the horse to day - only rain. Pleasant by comparison to yesterday.

mtbr member
    Gusts forecast for next town at 40+ mph. I find they are under by 10 mph out in the open here. Rain squalls too. Rode the bike stand, not as good but better than nothing. No dumba$$ drivers anyway!

BrianMc

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast