Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    45mph, that's a no pedal tail wind. Maybe slight headwind.
    Rode the bike anyway. Wind wasn't too bad, but it took me about 5 minutes longer than normal. Normal ride is 25 minutes or so.

The afternoon was much calmer.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    You addict

Bike Snob
    Not going to work today and tomorrow I have to wear a suit.

mtbr member
    Crazy wind. got 30 minutes in for exercise in the shelter of the neighborhood.

BrianMc

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Freezing rain, the only condition I will no longer ride in; I took a nasty spill last winter thanks to freezing rain and was off the bike for weeks as a result.

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ I have a long, storied, ugly history with freezing rain. Scary stuff. The moment that stands out was when I didn't realize there was a 1/4 inch layer of ice on the road until my back wheel dissapeared and I slid about 100 yards on my hip downhill towards a T intersection with cars going by... I was trying to 'self arrest' using my bike as an ice axe... it was not pretty. I have spent a couple years now wondering if spending a couple hundred on some killer studded tires would be justified, considering I only "need" them 2 or 3 days a year. I am realizing that it's probably totally justified
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post
    ...I have spent a couple years now wondering if spending a couple hundred on some killer studded tires would be justified, considering I only "need" them 2 or 3 days a year. I am realizing that it's probably totally justified
    I got my Mount & Ground tires for $49 each @ Tree Fort Bikes - pricematch. They are capable enough to ride on a smooth lake and what I'd choose for road use. They give amazing piece of mind for more than 2-3 days a year on all those spots where snow has melted into the road then re-froze. What size do you need? 29er? I don't think the Mount & Ground comes in that size. My LBS has a pair of 29er Nokian Extreme 924s that he really wants to get rid of. He offered them to me at his cost. I don't think they'd fit the Cross Check.

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ I'll PM you...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    not this week, but the only excuses I've had in about the last 10 months was a couple weeks ago: intestinal bacterial infection coupled with 4 or 5 internal bleeding sites.

just didn't go to work, but i rode as soon as i was allowed back in my cubicle!
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

Ridin' Furry
    Did not ride today because le girlfriend.

True story.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Already rode three times this week so had a day off to rest the legs. Back into it tomorrow though. It will be an 80km week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I didn't ride because it was raining...

...psych! I rode.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    Already rode three times this week so had a day off to rest the legs. Back into it tomorrow though. It will be an 80km week.
    That's allowed?! I know it is but I can never bring myself to do it if I have the possibility of riding. It's already been a 95mi (150km) week mostly on trails and my legs are toast..but it's getting warm out. Must Ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I didn't ride yesterday for the first time in 15 days. I just stayed home.

I Ride for Donuts
    I didn't ride the singlespeed today because I tortured myself on it yesterday.
    I didn't ride the mountian bike today because it's in several pieces.
    I didn't ride the road bike today because it's got that weird trainer tire on the back wheel at the moment.
    But I did ride

Moderator Moderator
    This guy:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    On vacation for a couple days.

I'm not good at snowboarding and tend to fall a lot and get real sore afterwards so I usually take a day or two off after each trip. Not having to rush home on Sunday night is nice also.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I had to take the car today to pick up my daughter for the weekend. First full day off in 3 weeks. I already miss it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I didn't ride today because I was lazy and didn't want to be cold. Lame.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    The wind is wearing me down and I had a chance to carpool, so I did. Sore knees.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    once upon a time I wore scrubs to work and so each day the scrubs went in the back pack, sneakers where left at work and the shower in the ER lounge washed off all the road grime and sweat, now sadly shirt and tie slacks do not allow me the luxury of enjoying the morning sun and the delight of smelling and sensing the world as i once did on my morning commute. I ride enough on the trail anyway, I actually found that commuting got in the way of trail riding, sort of took the novelty out of it! and it can put you on some roads that are not ideal for bikes. Ride when you feel it!
    FIVE MORE MIUNTIES,JUST HOLD STILL !!!!

weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    The wind is wearing me down and I had a chance to carpool, so I did. Sore knees.
    Aw, man- you must be really fed up with it. Didn`t you have 100% bike commutes last year?

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    I only commute 1 or 2 days a week. You guys are making me feel bad.

3 days of the week my wife and I go to spinning class right after work, and I would not make it in time if I rode my bike there. Also I think I would probably die after a ~ 9 mile ride to the gym, 1 hour of spinning, then a ~ 12 mile ride home with 2 monster hills.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by rodar y rodar View Post
    Aw, man- you must be really fed up with it. Didn`t you have 100% bike commutes last year?
    No, I was closer to 75% last year starting in the spring. I've been striving for 90% but I don't want to wear out my knees before the good weather gets here.

mtbr member
    I didnt ride today because I rode out yesterday with a coworker and he took me on a training route of some of the nastiest hills in Atlanta. Was sore as hell this morning so I walked it to the train, definitely one of the wimpier excuses in here.

Tomorrow will be a good day!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast