Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Straz85 View Post
    How long?
    Oops, missed this.

65 miles. :-P
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    I live 30+ miles from work.

I really miss the job I had a few years ago that was only 9 miles from home. I used to commute by bike 2-3 days a week.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I was a little over 2 miles from grad school. Very convenient! The summer job I had that was a few miles further out, with storage for a fancy bike during the day and the possibility of a couple nice detours on the way back was even better.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Back to back meetings after work so I needed a car to make it to them on time. Too bad because it is a beautiful day out there for a ride.

mtbr member
    I had hip surgery in March and have been chomping at the bit to get back out there. If the weather cooperates, I hope Friday will be my return to part-time commuting. With a new bike too!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Hey TrailRunner, I wondered where you were. You posted quite a bit for a while and then disappeared off the commuting forum. Hip surgery does not sound fun, running injury? (Makes note to see chiropractor about nagging hip flexor pain in right hip) New bike does sound fun.

mtbr member
    Hey bedwards! Thanks for noticing my absence! First I disappeared because Wisconsin went into a deep freeze this winter My commute is long and I am a wimp. It also doesn't help that my bike path becomes a snowmobile trail during that time of the year. Then I had surgery in early spring to fix my torn labrum and shave off some bone in there. I suppose it could be called a running injury - running definitely didn't help, but the extra bone on my femur that had been wearing away at my labrum causing it to tear is congenital. Either way, I am feeling much better these days and can't wait to start riding to work again.

My new bike is a 2013 Salsa Colossal 2. I just took a road trip up to Minneapolis to pick her up yesterday. So needless to say, I am a little excited!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have had no energy the last couple weeks. The bikes are VERY clean and well tuned though, ready for a good thrashing!

Did I catch a niner?
    Riding to work and my saddle snapped was less then half way home, then a runner cut in front of me and I hit them. Everyone is fine, so I drove to work.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

I'd rather be on my bike
    Damn Pink!! Glad that everyone is OK. Any pics of the saddle, and how the heck did it snap?
    '13 FELT TK3 48:15
    Fixed gear - but not a hipster
    2014 miles - 1480/2500

mtbr member
    May 2008

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…

I'm sick with a headache, cough, bowels...I also needed to conduct some bike maintenance & install some new parts.

mtbr member
    Three things: wind, wind, and more wind.

mtbr member
    Tornado touched down in my neighborhood last night. Lots of debris everywhere and little sleep. We're supposed to get more strong storms tonight. Ah, Midwest in the summer!

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Whoa! Glad you are OK to post. That seems like a good reason not to ride. Although getting around on a bike could be easier than in a car. I'm glad tornadoes aren't on the list of things we need to worry about in Maine.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WiTrailRunner View Post
    Tornado touched down in my neighborhood last night. Lots of debris everywhere and little sleep. We're supposed to get more strong storms tonight. Ah, Midwest in the summer!
    Yeah, that's pretty high on the scale of good excuses. Glad you were not hurt WiTrail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WiTrailRunner View Post
    Wow! Tornadoes must be so scary. We have nothing even remotely that scary. Even Sandy was only scary if you lived on the coast, and that was the most damaging storm the northeast has had in years. Hope everything is okay!

mtbr member
    Everyone I know is okay; no fatalities, thankfully. No damage to my place as far as I am aware. I was woken up at midnight by the sirens and was up till at least 2am or so. It didn't seem so bad at my house (I'm one of those people who peers out the window instead of going downstairs...I know, bad idea.) The dog and I will go for a walk after work to access the damage around the neighborhood, but the photos out there on the news sites are pretty wild. An elementary school that I run/bike by all the time got hit. We're scheduled for more storms tonight and all week. Living in the Midwest you sort of get used to tornadoes, but it's pretty scary when they're so close. These are less than a mile from my house.

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-1a758c45-2fee-4e8c-9a49-ed90d55cc768_800.jpg

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-c371bd9d-d51d-4aa8-b190-dc45a5ccc6e2_800.jpg

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-25518b96-e3c3-4e31-854e-3f9ed7d71741_800.jpg

The confessional: I didn’t’ ride today because…-d5158d55-3ba6-4131-9292-f002f508b9dd_800.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My knee is phucked

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Woke up 3 hours after my phone's alarm was supposed to wake me up, to find a notification on my phone saying something to the effect of "hey you missed your alarm." Thanks, clock app. That wasn't your job or anything.

Was already on the fence about riding since I have to be home at 3 to get the kid off the bus, then pack my car and drive ~7 hours to drop her off with her grandparents for a vacation. It makes me crazy that I rode through obnoxious, humid heat and scattered thunderstorms early week and now that the weather has been absolutely perfect the last 2 days I haven't ridden.

mtbr member
    Thunderstorms with *lots* of lightning.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10