mtbr member

Commuting to battle.

An interesting clip from the '90's on the swiss military bike. The ultimate commuter. The saddle is my favorite component for sure.
    Last edited by teocalli401; 03-14-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: couldn't embed video

jfk
    mtbr member
    that was oddly entertaining. The older bikes they showed are remarkably similar to my wife's old Dutch SS. I thought her bike was a tank, but it only weighs in at 40lb.

local trails rider
    I recall that carrying an 81mm mortar (with some accessories) on bikes was sort of "interesting".

That Unicycle Guy
    Oct 2008
    I don't know about you guys but I think the idea of biking paratroopers still has merit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Semi related...
    Ive seen bikes at Scheels with mounts for compound hunting bows they look pretty sweet, first thing in camo i have ever wanted 8*)

mtbr member
    I've got the commercial version of the Columbia Military Compax (scroll down in link below). Best I can tell from my research paratroopers were to descend with it strapped to them. Once on the ground they were to rotate the handlebars upward and and attach the front with the rear via the downtube - each joint had wingnuts - neat bike. I'm in the process of refurbishing it - like the ad in the link - I want to be able to ride around with my machine gun....

http://www.theliberator.be/militarybicycles.htm

♥ ς╥33£
    How about a swedish military bike, these are still used today I think, not sure for what though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_military_bicycle

They still make something similar today, "Kronan". (but the only good bikes today in this category are the Skeppshult brand)

google "militärcykel" for pics
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Carbon is a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by robicycle
    Just lube your ass with asscream and ride for how long you want.