mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Commuter rack for Heckler ?

Hello,

we are planning a 4-day trip in the Pyrenees and I'm looking for a rack to use in my Heckler. It seems people have had some problems with the Topeak seatpost model (moving, reaching the rear wheel or even breaking).

I have read that the OMM (old man mountaing) is the one to buy for rear suspension bikes, but it seems to me that it will not work in the Heckler (as the rear triangle in it is very "closed").

Please, tell me your experiences using racks in the Heckler: models, good points, problems, etc.

Thank you very much and go ride!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Any help?? Please...

weirdo
    I guess you`ve already checked to see if somebody near you carries them in stock so you could check it against your bike. Have you tried to contact OMM? They might know off hand about problems with specific models or might be able to give you more information about fit requirements. The only other thing I can think of would be to ask on the Santa Cruz forum. Good luck- it sounds like a great opportunity for a nice trip and I hope you don`t end up having to battle a clamp-on rack.