Thread: Commuter Monkey

Yayer!

Commuter Monkey

I recently spent some cash and had Old Man Mountain custom me some racks for the Monkey and am really happy I did so...now the wait for the Jandd panniers front and back is on.

Broken ankles = ********!

ONe less gear
    Nice looking racks.

BIG and Bald
    I love how that rear rack is set back. When my pannier is fully loaded, my heels sometimes hit the bag.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have a Karate Monkey as well and want racks for my commute. Are there no stock racks that will fit? Is this why you went the custom route?
    Thanks!

Yayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000m2
    I have a Karate Monkey as well and want racks for my commute. Are there no stock racks that will fit? Is this why you went the custom route?
    Thanks!
    It all depends on how your KM is set up... if you have a QR in front and back and arent using disc brakes then you should be able to buy a set of racks off of the shelf...Topeak makes some really good options. I went the custom route because I am running a single speed with a solid axle and a chain tensioner so that screwed me from using "off the rack" racks. The main thing is that your eyelets in the rear arent blocked and that you are running QR's and you should be golden.
    Broken ankles = ********!

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Now all you need are some woop ass fenders!
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!