Sleek Jamis Exile Rider

Cleaning up from your commute

I saw these in a non related magazine and I ordered a set.
    http://papershower.com/

I just got them and will test this out on my lunchtime ride today and will give as thorough of a review as possible.

One of the reasons I havent commuted as much as I should is freshening up after arriving at work. We dont have faciilities other than a sink to get clean. These should do the trick

Moderator Moderator
    That reminds me of another tip I discovered...my MTB shoes were really dirty form the dirt road, road grime, etc. I had some ArmorAll Cleaner Wipes (not the shiny polish stuff) handy & it says suitable for all car surfaces includng leather seats, so I tried them on the shoes (which may actually be that fake leather)...voila, they looked brand new in a minute.

mtbr member
    That's neat. Let us know if it works.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    These appear to be similar to baby wipes. Why not use those since they cost significantly less.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Maybe this:

Standard “Wet Wipe” vs Paper Shower

The standard “wet wipe” currently on the market contains a very high alcohol content and are primarily design to wipe your hands. Paper Shower contains very little alcohol and is design to be a body wipe. Wet wipes have very little saline in comparison to Paper Shower which has a highly saturated moist towelette that contains saline, soap and skin moisturizers. Paper Shower is the only wipe on the market that provides a dry towelette.

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Got stuck at work and couldnt get out to ride.

I WILL be riding tomorrow if it kills me.

Wait...

I Ride for Donuts
    I'm a Pampers Sensitive man.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_XXIV
    Maybe this:

Standard “Wet Wipe” vs Paper Shower

The standard “wet wipe” currently on the market contains a very high alcohol content and are primarily design to wipe your hands. Paper Shower contains very little alcohol and is design to be a body wipe. Wet wipes have very little saline in comparison to Paper Shower which has a highly saturated moist towelette that contains saline, soap and skin moisturizers. Paper Shower is the only wipe on the market that provides a dry towelette.
    What type of wet wipe are those being compared to?

Ingredients from baby wipe:
    Water, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, glycerin, citric acid, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate

mtbr member
    I see you're serious about your baby wipes, jseko. One thing I notice about the Paper Shower product is that it has saline and soap. It's also a lot bigger than a typical baby wipe.

At ~ $1.25/ea, I wouldn't use these to wipe my babies rear end but as a targeted product for bike commuters who lack shower facilities, it seems pretty decent.
    :wq

Moderator Moderator
    Provided you have a private type bathrooom, and hot running water, a couple small washcloths (1 to "wash", 1 to dry) work great and are free. Take the wet one home in a baggie, rinse & repeat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    Provided you have a private type bathrooom, and hot running water, a couple small washcloths (1 to "wash", 1 to dry) work great and are free. Take the wet one home in a baggie, rinse & repeat.
    This is also a bit easier on the environment.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Suffice to say that I've used my share of baby wipes in the field and for camping. I did find that some of them irritated my skin so I was cautious about which ones I bought.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Develop an ambiguously european accent and just stink.

a lazy pedaler
    Jul 2009
    so.. how was it Mad?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    This is great idea. I'm generally sweating like a swine after my commute...wait, do pigs sweat??
    Last edited by poundCake!; 06-28-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: grammar