Thread: CETMA racks

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

CETMA racks

Who's got one? Do you like it? Can you show us your pictures, just wondering how gooby it would look with drop bars ...

Thanks in advance

Ovaries on the Outside
    I don't have a cetma rack, but they are made in the town where I live. I would guess that putting a CETMA on a bike with drop bars would somewhat defeat the purpose., as it is a flat rack capable of carrying large and heavy loads and the drops would hinder the bike's ability to do that. Do a search on flickr, but here is one with drops, so perhaps it works perfectly fine- http://flickr.com/photos/fightingsqu...n/photostream/

another bozo on the bus
    I ordered from cetma racks over 2 months ago and have yet to see me rack. He estimates turn around to be 4 weeks. I began contacting him at about 5 weeks to get an estimate and have yet to hear word one from this guy Lane. I know this is an old thread, but just in case anyone else was considering it, I thought I would share my less than positive experience.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Wow, they looked soo good. Let us know what happens. I have contacted him previously about shipping and got an answer in less than 24 hours.

another bozo on the bus
    Yep I had to change my shipping address shortly after placing the order and he replied quickly, so I know he gets emails from me. I was trying to be the good guy and not file a claim within the 6 weeks period since he seemed like a nice guy. Seems like that nice guy may have taken me for $100. I am currently calling and emailing him daily hoping he gets annoyed enough to just send it out or refund me the $100 to support someone else. The word may also get out that there is an unhappy customer posting experiences that he would want to make right. This has worked for me in the past.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Hmm the website seems to say he was away in New York for a while, somewhat unexpectedly and may be playing catchup still?And his apparently regular blog hasnt been updated since may 21. Curious!

another bozo on the bus
    After several days of calling and eventually giving up hope, which led to me just calling to annoy and fill up his voicemail (really, just talking into the machine about how much I hate back sweat and that I wouldnt have to deal with it if only I had the rack which I paid for), the one known as "Lane" finally picked up at 8:30am. Was this really him. I hardly knew what to say as I was caught off guard. He was very nice on the phone and offered to upgrade my rack (which I didnt want to do) and told me he would send it today and get me a tracking # by the end of the day. Hopefully, he just forgot to send the tracking #, and that the pac northwest kind bud didnt once again take hold and keep him from doing anything other than answering a phone call, because I got no email confirmation that it was sent. Only time will tell. This better be one bad a$$ rack.

another bozo on the bus
    It looks like Im not the only one having issues with this dude...

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ighlight=cetma

ride the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup
    ...and that the pac northwest kind bud didnt once again take hold and keep him from doing anything other than answering a phone call....
    See that's what happens. Out-of-towners come to Oregon thinking the beasters they're paying too much for in socal are as good as it gets, then two hits of this ridicichron(ridiculous-chronic for the squares) and they're macrame'd to the couch.
    Just because you read a book it don't make you conscious. - MC Lush