Thread: Carry-ons?

mtbr member

Carry-ons?

I guess this would go in commuting. Anyway, I'm flying to Orlando from Atlanta so I'll only have carry on. My question is: Can I bring my eggbeaters and my Multi tool in my carry on? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Mr F
    2008 Specialized Pitch Pro

Ride hard, Eat big, DO STUFF!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2003
    probably ok to carry them on just ensure there is no blade in the multi tool!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I've had my multi-tool pulled out, examined, and put back in, so keep it on top. It's a standard trek tool, phillips, flathead, and hex wrenches. I've also seen on fleabay TSA confiscated multitools without blades, so who knows.

mtbr member
    I had 2 allen wrenches taken away this fall (Calgary-Montreal). Really. They said "all tools" were prohibited. Another time (NH-FL?) I managed to convince them that a Park chain tool (that I forgot was in the knapsack) was OK.

Y|ou might want to search the Vacations section of the forum, airline questions end up in there.

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    I flew from NC-CA with a camelpack with tools, pedals and pump. Make sure the bladder is empty! Both flights (there and back) I was pulled from the line and they searched the bags by hand. They just looked at everything and I told them what it was and they let me thru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.