mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Camelback or Bottles....New solution!

I am an avid hiker and biker and just combined one essential tool for both...hydration. I will always use a camelback when mountain biking, mainly for ease of use and not losing the bottle during bumps. However two years ago I picked up a nice road bike and have used bottles. Mainly because of ease of filling and not having the weight on my back, I guess I just feel more comfortable on a road bike without one. Anyway, to make a long story short, I went on a week long hike a couple weeks ago and bought a new water bottle. Its made by camelback and has a tube like a bladder. Now I can have ease of the bladder/hose combo without having the pack on my back as I train. Just thought I would let you guys know. It needs some kind of holding clamp and a little longer tube would be nice, but other than that it works great. Also is a little tight in the bottle holder, but works.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    looks like an interesting solution, however it wouldnt be too hard to just grab the water bottle would it?

this way you also prolly odnt have to risk the tube going through a wheel or something

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    That's silly

thecentralscrutinizer
    That certainly is a new slant on an old problem.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I find I drink more often with this set up than when I was using just bottles.

That was my only concern about getting it caught up but it stays put on top of the computer. Like I mentioned a clip would be helpful.

Take it or leave it, but I do like my new set up and thought others might like to know about it.

mtbr member
    You go! single speed Mofo!

mtbr member
    Hmmmm..... that's an idea!