Thread: "Buzz" killed?

mtbr member
    Jan 2003

"Buzz" killed?

They might be onto something this year:

http://www.rei.com/product/808781

Note: 4130 Chromo frame & fork. Anyone who rode the AL versions prior (aluminum fork too) knows they definately generated some buzz. In the wrong way.

I bought the Buzz Road, and within a couple of months decided to part it out in favor of a Salsa Vaya frame. The ride was just too harsh over anything longer than a few miles.

I Ride for Donuts
    You shopping with your dividend and 20% off cupon too?
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Negative.

Plenty of bike swag these days through my sponsor. I did take advantage of the 20% thing last year with the dividend - which led me to the only bike I have ever just plain disliked: The Novarra Buzz Road bike!

Had this version been available - it might still be around

mtbr member
    That bike has the uggo's. Plus, depending on how far you're riding, an 11-34 MTB cassette might not be that ideal.

< shill content >

I would rather have something like the Allez Steel, with a 520 steel frame and more traditional road gearing. Yes I have one. Yes I love it.

< /shill content >
    :wq

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    there is a guy over on the ss/fg forum at bikeforums that posted about his new buzz 1, he seemed pretty pleased with it.
    looked interesting if you are into that sort of bike, but he did take a little guff from some of the hipsters...

Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    < shill content >

I would rather have something like the Allez Steel, with a 520 steel frame and more traditional road gearing. Yes I have one. Yes I love it.

< /shill content >
    Glad to hear you like the Allez Steel. I find myself contemplating one when I ride anywhere far on my current, too-big commuter, or when something else on it breaks.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    LOL, I just got back from riding down to REI in Atlanta, and there was a guy buyin one of those. Not for me though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    While the green apple color is polarizing, It's interesting to watch the design trend.

It's almost as if the American market is ready for truly sensible commuter bikes (again).

These are getting close to Grandpa's Columbia 3-speed from the 70's. Put some fenders on there - and your there. Heck - there is even a version with better components and disc brakes in brown. Never used to care for the brown bikes, but they have grown on me. Must be getting old.