Moderator Moderator

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    Truth! Every day I see motorists zoom around selfishly without regard to other motoristís safety let alone the unprotected cyclist. I truly believe that the mindset of today's driver needs to change. I'm not sure how to make this happen, but until it does no one is really safe on the road.

jrm
    mtbr member

INTRINSIC? Hardly

if anything its empirical and exists everytime a cager sees some twat on a bike do something that so dumb that they think they should have been injured so that the injury would make them think twice about doing that same thing again. Ive found that this has lead to drivers giving less of a shlt about cyclists. Sad but true.

Stay AWARE and safe folks
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    if anything its empirical and exists everytime a cager sees some twat on a bike do something that so dumb that they think they should have been injured so that the injury would make them think twice about doing that same thing again. Ive found that this has lead to drivers giving less of a shlt about cyclists. Sad but true.

Stay AWARE and safe folks
    I see that same mentality that drivers have towards other drivers, too. I think the only thing that stops most from going further with it is the fact that you can't just pop out a few dents in your car if you hit another car. Drivers know that cyclists are smaller and won't damage their cars as much (if at all) so there's less care.

I think penalties need to be STIFFER for injuring/killing a cyclist or pedestrian with your car (and especially if you flee the scene), and when someone DOES get tracked down for something like this, they need to be made an example of.

mtbr member
    Flee an accident scene is a big deal in Indiana. No homicisde charge killing a child:

Indiana Hit and Run Charges - IN Leaving Scene Accident Penalties

Even if the cyclist 'accident' could not be prosecuted as "vehicular homicide", I hope at least that leaving the scene will stand.

BrianMc

Unhinged Aussie on a 29er
    Big deal in Seattle too.

RCW 46.61.526: Negligent driving