Bike to Work Day events

I don't actually work so I can take my time and enjoy what's going on. The shop where I work is doing a "reverse" BTW and meeting downtown for the free food and coffee. I live on the other side of town from the shop so I am going with a multi mode ride downtown. I am going to drive a couple miles to a city park where some bike lanes meet with a paved MUT and head downtown.

I am not in the mood to wrestle with morning cagers at 6:30am out where I live with no bike lanes. The lanes haven't been built out this far yet and the roads are in crap shape.

Are you attending/did you attend your local events?

Moderator Moderator
    It looks like I could have detoured 50 miles south for some breakfast treats, or 50 miles north for some chocolate. This is alternative transportation "way to go week" and they've given away 2 Ipads already, but I wasn't that lucky.

mtbr member
    Nothing at all down here, and even if they had I was off today.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Events every day this week here but they all happen too late in the morning or afternoon for me.
    Apparently you must work 9-5 to bike to work

MTB, Road, Commuting
    I could get a free coffee and doughnut of something if I went 30 miles out of my way. I'm not even sure because it seems very poorly publicized this year.

Damn alarm clock didn't go off at 6 like I had set it to do, and my wife didn't think to try waking me up until after 7, so I missed out on the bananas at breakfast (my favorite fruit for breakfast) and the regular coffee was gone, so I only got decaf.

The ride itself was great. Sunny with a cool breeze somewhere in the 60's.

I drove a couple miles to a city park where a bunch of bike lanes begin and cruised right downtown in about 20min. I like this...as the park is in the neighborhood that I want to get a house once my house in TX sells. In a few years, a paved path that starts in that area should extend all the way to the town where my wife works, too. Not sure if I could get her to bike commute or not, even with a good city bike.

2013 Bike to Work Day Indianapolis

There's the bike in full commuter mode. I had hoped to pick up a growler at Sun King on my way home (Fridays are growler fill days at the brewery so it's cheap), but they didn't open for a few more hours and everybody was closing up shop at around 10am, so the panniers stayed mostly empty except for my locks.

One of my coworkers joked that my locks bumping around in the bucket sounded like I had a dead cat in there. Har har.