mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Back on the saddle after the accident

Today marks my first day commuting to work after almost 6 weeks since the accident (Oct. 13). I was a bit more apprehensive. Definitely even more visible now. I added a reflective, bright green vest and I rode with my headlamp on (low mode). Feels really good to get the blood flowing again.
    -Greg
    Lynskey Ridgeline 29-SL, Truvativ Hammerschmidt, Cannondale Lefty 29er SL w/ DLR (Project321 adaptor). 26 lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Is there anything else you can do to prevent a repeat of the accident.

weirdo
    I bet you`re happy to be back riding! I was out for a few months for a non-accident injury a few years ago, so I know what a relief it is. You were the guy who a driver thought was a deer, right?
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    @jeffscott: I'm more visible now and taking less chances and I'm taking the safer route, less cars that way.
    -Greg
    Lynskey Ridgeline 29-SL, Truvativ Hammerschmidt, Cannondale Lefty 29er SL w/ DLR (Project321 adaptor). 26 lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    @ rodar y rodar: Yep, that was me. "Deer" me.
    -Greg

Moderator Moderator
    Glad to hear you are back on the bike again, and hope you're feeling tiptop. Here, drivers can claim any deer that they hit, so this driver could end up with someone in her freezer if she doesn't start paying more attention.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    @mtbxplorer: Yes, thank you. Very glad to be back.
    -Greg