Gday Melbournians!

Ive seen a few of you ducking around here, so it'd be great to hear from you!

Im trying to get as many people as possible to fill out my questionnaire for a research project which im undertaking at the moment. Thank-you in advance, remember there are TWO sections on this questionnaire, so people who dont use bikes for commuting can still contribute!

Please copy+paste+fill-out A or B listed questions.

My name is Alex Denham, I am an undergraduate student at RMIT University (Australia), studying Urban Planning. As part of my degree I've had to design a research project. The topic of this research project is whether "cycling is a viable mode of primary transport for Melbournian's and whether the current infrastructure is good enough to accommodate riders on Melbourne roads". In order to carry out this research, I have designed a questionaire. In this questionaire there are 8-9 questions designed to find out peoples motifs towards not using bikes as a mode of transport and to find the "hot spots" where cycling infrastructure is good or bad. In total this questionnaire should take about two minutes to complete. You may take your own time, and skip any question you are uncomfortable with by not answering it. Once this research is complete, a copy of my report will be placed online, where you can review my findings. If you have any questions regarding this survey, feel free to email me at alex.denham@hotmail.com. Thank-you for your time in completing this questionnaire.

[SIZE="5"]A: Cycling Commuters and Road Cyclists[/SIZE]

PHP Code:
[B]Age and Sex?[/B]
[
B]Where do you ride in Melbournewhich cycling routes?[/B]
[
B]How much time do you spend on your bike per week?[/B]
[
B]Out of tenhow safe from traffic do you feel on your ride/s?[/B]
[
B]From what you have ridden in Melbournehow would you rate the cycling infrastructure around Melbourne out of ten?[/B]
[
B]What are the problems you deal withwith current cycling infrastructure?
[
B]How would you improve the cycling infrastructure on your route/s, if you were in charge of upgrading the network?[/B]
[
B]Why do you think more people donít ride bikes across Melbourne?[/B]
[
B]What do you think is the best way to encourage more people to cycle as their primary form of transport?[/B
I will be using this information to look at where people ride, how safe they feel, what they think of cycling infrastructure, what problems they deal with on bikes, how they would improve the cycling network to be more user friendly and how they would encourage more people to ride.

[SIZE="5"]B: People who use other forms of transport[/SIZE]

PHP Code:
[B]Age and Sex?[/B]
[
B]How far from the city do you live?[/B]
[
B]What form of transport do you use to get around Melbourne?[/B]
[
B]Out of tenhow concerned about the sustainability of our environment are you?[/B]
[
B]Would you consider yourself a fit person?[/B]
[
B]Have you ever considered using a bike as your primary form of transport?[/B]
[
B]Why do you not use a bike as a form of transport?[/B]
[
B]What would it take to make you use a bike as your primary form of transport?[/B
I will be using this information to look at the current trends of transport use, the importance of sustainability, fitness levels, perspectives of bike use, reasons behind not using bicycles and what it would take to get them using bikes as their primary form of transport. This information will give us a diverse response looking at all facets behind the reasons people do not ride bikes, leading ultimately to answering whether cycling as a primary form of transport is possible in Melbourne.