jrm
    mtbr member

Another stupid driver trick

WTF..as they're passing you they rev the motor in order to produce more exhaust fumes for you to breath in.

I always give them the "your number one"
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

~Disc~Golf~
    I give them a thumbs-up and say "nice one buddy!"
    I think it has more of a desired effect on them, instead of more anger by telling them they're "#1"
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah, pickup drivers are like that. I had one truck come up on my tail and the driver kept revving the engine behind me, even though he could have passed. I kept my line to a stop light, and the truck followed me into the turning lane. When I got the green arrow, I started off and the truck driver kept revving his engine behind me. There was a line of traffic in the opposite lane and it was not safe to pass, so I rode just about in the middle of my lane. All of the sudden, the truck driver starts creeping in on my back tire slightly to my left (hanging out into the other lane despite the traffic). I had to swerve out of the way as the driver pulled up along side me and gave me an earful. I told him it wasn't my fault he was a freaking moron, and he drove off.

nnn
    mtbr member
    I either don't react or if it's a bad day I sprint up a bit and share some of my own 'exhaust' fluids, of which there's plenty on cold morning rides...
    "Life begins at 140" Richard Burns
    http://www.nikolay-k.com

I Ride for Donuts
    I have a short part of my commute that is in town... the rest is on country two-land roads. There have been a few people on the in-town part who just flat refuse to pass me, even when it is totally open in both directions and I'm riding as far to the left as possible (risking a car-door flying open at me). They will sit there as if I'm supposed to do something about their inability to put a wheel on the center line. I get so freaking frustrated

When they finally get up the nerve to drive like a normal person and go around, they either HAMMER it and fly by incredibly close, or they roll down the window to explain to me why it is my fault that they are so stupid.

I usually shout something like "Waffles with peanut butter!" or "Seven pine cones!" in response, then I start waving at them like a lunatic, as if they are a relative I haven't seen in a while. Eventually they move on.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

jrm
    mtbr member

Fonzie stylie?

I do the your # 1 as a mocking jesture using my index finger

followed by a aye...
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

~Disc~Golf~
    [QUOTE=CommuterBoy...
    I usually shout something like "Waffles with peanut butter!" or "Seven pine cones!" in response, then I start waving at them like a lunatic, as if they are a relative I haven't seen in a while...[/QUOTE]
    HAHA!! that's Awesome
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Which way? Uphill.
    Just blow them a kiss.

I figure the type of person that would do this also cannot handle a man blowing a kiss to them, especially one wearing lycra.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

No-Brakes Cougar
    People are phucking stupid. I could never figure out why they panic when they see a cyclist and stop behind you or tail your @$$. Most of the time I'm way over near the curb or in the bike lane and there is a good 20 feet of room for them to pass without even needing to swerve into the other lane. Some of them seem to reason that the safest thing to do is to pass you as quickly as possible by nailing the throttle and passing you at 2-3 times the speed limit.

As much as I enjoy the film Idiocracy, it kind of scares me because I can see how humanity is already heading full steam down this path.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    (superfluous)
    Last edited by grdnfg; 03-03-2009 at 03:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    As much as I enjoy the film Idiocracy, it kind of scares me because I can see how humanity is already heading full steam down this path.
    I've been saying this for a while now! That movie is awesome, hilarious, and a scary sign of the future all in one shot. Unfortunately being dumb and obnoxious is considered the same thing as being cool.
    Fightline
    aka
    --Derek--