mtbr member
    May 2006

Alfine Group Experiences

Howdy

Looking for some experiences anybody has had with the Alfine groupset. I am considering building up a Karate Monkey with Alfine components (Rear Hub, Crankset, Hydraulic Brakes, etc.) and was looking for some feedback frm anyones else that has done something similair.

I am mainly concerned with the longevity and quality of the components. Are the brakes any good how long do the pads last? I would really appreciate any input on this.

I dont want to get it built and have the parts falling apart after a year

Thanks in advance.

MuddyHog

weirdo
    They started an IG forum a couple months ago. Those folks can probably tell you all want to know.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/internal-gear-hubs/

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I had checked out the IG forum, but I was also looking for feedback on the rest of the bits, ie. brakes, crankset, etc.

The IG Hub seems to be the business, I just want to make sure that the rest of the componentry is up to snuff.

Regards

Muddy

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyHog
    ...I just want to make sure that the rest of the componentry is up to snuff....Muddy
    I don't think it is, esp for XC/MTB'ing. Nothing is discounted either, why not just go for nice MTB cranks, ft hub, brakes, etc?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks
    I had my LBS quote me on a build that was based mainly on the Alfine parts. I am going to get another price for a build using MB'ing parts, XT etc. and see how they compare.

Muddy