Thread: Abus locks?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Abus locks?

Any bad experience with Abus U locks?

I read alot about Kryptonite and OnGuard keys breaking in the lock, locking mechanisms jamming, etc.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    No experience to offer, but I've been sorely tempted to get an ABUS as well after my 2-year old Kryptonite Evolution mini-U that I use daily jammed for the third time....

Good luck

NONDURO
    No bad experiences yet. I have the top of the line model, the Granit City something-something in the biggest size (weighs over 8 pounds). I ordered mine from a local motorcycle shop since it is essentially a motorcycle lock.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    "I use daily jammed for the third time...."

a little (and i mean a little) light oil into the lock mech where the Ubar goes in and a little on the key , run the key in and out then lock and unlock a few times

Lock will be much smoother - its just a little dry thats all

I have 2 m18 new yorkers and a fahhgeedabout it chain (both post pen lid fiasco) and once given this treatment both work faultlessly - even the one that was sticky from new.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the input all!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just sharing , just bought them, huge hole burned but who cares its for my bikes . I like Abus cause they are lighter than kyptonites and offer same protection or even higher protection. Also bought a kyptoflex cable not pictured here. And do note my bike are cheap spent as much as you can not 10%-20% of ur bike price, to me my sub-$400 MTB is priceless as compared to someone's $5000+++ MTB, sentimental value is priceless to me. remember to read on proper locking techniques, I got here the top of the line Grandit for my bro's roadie the smaller one is for myself, but no matter how good is ur lock remember when its TOUCHABLE its BREAKABLE.

Just my thoughts.