mtbr member
    Dec 2006

3rd shift nite commute rear light question

Any one know of a very bright rear blinking light that I could use for my commute to work at night.Going to work at 10:20 pm most drivers will not be looking for a cyclist at night, looking to lower my chance of getting tagged by a car.

"Mr. Britannica"
    I like planet bike superflash

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roadiegonebad
    Your search should end there. It's really a great light that'll ensure you're seen.

Pricepoint has them cheap http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/165...Tail-Light.htm

Big Willie
    2nd that - awesome light, I use one on my seat tube and one on the back of my helmet using the clip.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    At the risk of sounding redundant...get the superflash.

I was tailing another rider the other day and he had 2 tail lights on his bike. From about a half mile back in dawn lighting conditions, I could tell one was the superflash. I recognized the flash pattern because I have one on the back of my helmet. I didn't even know he had another light until I was about 100 feet from him. It was some big 3 LED thing that didn't do much.

A friend of mine at work who is always *****ing about the runners and bikers on the highway with crap visibility said that my helmet light was extremely noticeable even from a distance. He never even saw my Blinky1 that is on my seatpost.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm not sure if it's just my imagination but the superflash seems to go brighter yet w/ lithium ion AAAs. Maybe any new battery would do that. And the Li ion ones definitely last a long time.

BIG and Bald
    I currently have the above mentioned light and give it many thumbs up too but my wife has a Blackburn Mars 3.0 and I'm kinda jealous that I don't have one.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for all the replys I am going to order the superflash

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Bank, give PB a call direct and ask for Chris, tell him Jeff that makes wood fenders sent ya...he'll hook ya up. I'm making a pair of 4" wood fenders for his hybrid cross of a pugsley/big dummy...AKA Dumb Pug.
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'd like to give my vote to this one as well.
    I have this one plus another planet bike Blinky 3 on my seatpost. I use both of them at night.

In addition I hang 2 bike turtle lights on my helmet. http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1223735900473