mtbr member

3000 Lumen Laser Pointer Bike Light

I stumbled across this oddball device. So just in case you ever thought you needed dual laser pointers alongside your "3000 lumen" LED light...

3000LM 2X CREE XM L T6 LED Bicycle Bike Headlight Headlamp Red Laser Pointer | eBay

What the heck thought process went into this weirdness?
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Wouldn't that be potentially dangerous for oncoming traffic? I can't imagine I'd like some cyclist riding towards me having lasers into my eyes...

Might be "cooler" if they pointed down onto the road just in front of the bike making parallel lines like a runway or something to that effect.

Ex-Clydesdale
    Maybe it's designed to be strapped to a shark? Or an mutated, ill-tempered sea bass?
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

weirdo
    Sharks and mutilated sea bass? I don`t know how you figure that one, but I do find the thought amusing!

Quote Originally Posted by komekomegaijin View Post
    Might be "cooler" if they pointed down onto the road just in front of the bike making parallel lines like a runway or something to that effect.
    There was a thread a while ago about some whacky product that used lasers to mark a bike lane behind your bike. I don`t know if it ever went up for sale, though. I think it was this thing:
    Laser Bike Lane
    Recalculating....

yeah, they don't look so effective when they're washed out right in the same plane as the rest of the light.

maybe if they were aimed down AND they blinked, they'd work a little better, but I just don't think lasers aimed at the ground are going to be sufficiently effective in an urban area with lots of streetlights. shoot, I think the headlights from a car would be enough to wash them out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    My rear light has lasers that point to the ground to form lanes. They can be solid or blink.