Riding or Fishing

New question here. 09 Kona Dew Plus, or Deluxe?

I try to ride to work as often as possible. I've been doing it on my xc hard tail long enough, and I would like something along the lines of the Dew series.
    The Plus and Deluxe models are right in my price range, and have pretty well everything I'm looking for. But I do have a couple questions that I hope you guys can help me with.
    Firstly, they both use FSA cranksets. The Plus uses FSA Dyna Drive Triple Crankset, and the Deluxe, FSA Alpha Drive Triple Crankset. What are the differences? Are they decent quality, or will I be changing them out after a little while?
    Secondly, both have disc brakes. The plus, Hayes MX4 mech's, and the Deluxe, Shimano Shimano 486 Hydraulic Disc. Both are fairly entry level, that I know. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either of them? Any issues? Would I be better off having the shop install BB7's, as thats what I have on my XC bike, and have never had an issue?
    The Deluxe retails for $150 more. I would rather save that cash for something else and go with the Plus, but I would like to hear any feedback, good or bad that anyone here has had.

I am leaning towards the Plus, with the swap to BB7's. Are there any other bikes in this category that I might be missing out on? I know of a couple Fishers that I love, but are way too much money, lt least for me.
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i have an 08 Plus .. and no complaints at all about it ... the disc brakes are 'basic' for sure ... so i would consider bb7's later on ...

the bike has been solid .. with no complaints or issues with it ...

i couldn't justify the + price just for a different color and hydro's ... not sure on the difference between the cranks other then maybe the weight.

Riding or Fishing
    Thanks for the input Devil.
    Anyone else have anything to offer?