Moderator Moderator

$250 Bike Blazer from Lands End

mtbr member
    The only people I know of who care about bike 'fashion' are those who ride to be seen. I'll admit that NOBODY wants to see me in the lycra racing kit, but I don't wear one anyway so it's a moot point. Anybody who is so vain as to spend $250 on a blazer to ride in, deserves to have their studs stick it their pedals and fall over into an open drainage ditch filled with stinky standing water.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    What, apart from an inadequate amount of reflective tape, makes this a bike blazer? Or is it just meant to look nice next to other practical biking necessities: vintage fixie track bike, cycling cap and ironic beard/moustache.

mtbr member
    Instead of $250 for the blazer, how about @ $80 for one of these and save some money. Also much closer to the point and the truth.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

MTB, Road, Commuting
    That thing is going to look awesome with pit stains under the arms and a mud stripe up the back. Wow those reviews sounded snooty. I do like wool....

mtbr member
    One day I'm going to have to visit one of the big bike cities like Copenhagen or Amsterdam, just to see what pace people need to ride at to keep from sweating up the heavy wool coats and scarves that are in all the photos. If it's a degree or two above freezing then I'm wearing a thin, wool tshirt, and I still get gross.

The reviews are pretty funny, but at least it does sound like people are riding in it?

I Ride for Donuts
    My Mountain Hardware Synchro softshell jacket was in that price range... I, of course, got mine from a mountain guide service (ex rental jacket) for $75

I can't imagine paying that kind of coin for a jacket without some serious technical advantages over everything else out there.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)