mtbr member
    Sep 2009

What size do Commencal do you ride?

I'm considering buying a Super 4 frame set. I've found a Small for sale dirt cheap :-) also found a medium for a bit more.

Studied the geomentry and just can't make my mind up! I'm 5'8 with a 30in leg.
    There size chart puts me on a medium but i'm just not sure. My current hardtail is about 1/2 inch longer in the top tube but i run a 50mm stem on it (Small Ragley blue pig)

What size do people run? Ideally Super 4's although tempted by a 4x but i'm a mountain bike guide so single chainring up front may be a faff.

Cheers

Phil

http://skills-guiding.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am 6' and ride a large Commencal Super 4.3 The medium would definitily be to small for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I am 5 foot 6 inches tall and I ride a 2009 Meta55 UK Ltd small frame, fits me just fine...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm 5 ' 9" and I ride a medium 2009 Meta 5.5 with a 65 mm stem and a low rise wide-ish bar and I'm very happy with the fit. It gives me a slightly more upright seating position which I prefer, but this doesn't seam to hinder me too much on short steep climbs. Does that help?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm 5'9" and ride a medium Super 4 - great fit.
    I think my inseam is around 31 or 32 inches, can't remember. What I do know is that my BB to saddle height is 71.5cm.
    My bike is set up with an inline Thomson Elite (I have short thighs) and a 90mm stem, great for XC and trail riding. A shorter stem would be great if I was riding more AM, but then I'd probably put on a 120mm fork too for that sort of thing.

Given your height, I think the medium sounds good. Commencal tend to size up on the smaller size anyway, the Small frame might be just too compact for you, especially in the climbing side of things