mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Vivid or Roco WC for Commencal Supreme DH

I am looking to upgrade my rear shock from Roco R (coil without Piggy Back res) to something more adjustable.
    The Roco R I have feels OK but I can't get the rebound right, too slow on small bumbs or too quick on big hits. It also blows through its travel easily and bottoms harshley (I weigh 185lb and use a 450lb spring). I would like to drop to a 400lb or even 350lb spring.
    I have been looking at the Vivid 5.1 for its low speed and high speed rebound adjustments and the Roco WC for high speed compression adjustment.
    I have ruled out a DHX 5, have one on my Cove G-Spot, it was mediocre at best until it was pushed by TF Tuned and then it was excellent. I don't really want to buy a new shock knowing most of it has to be replaced to work how I want it, I also don't like the platform feel on standard DHX shocks.

Has anyone any experience with the Vivid and Roco WC on this frame or similar?
    Advice/Opinions would be much appreciated.

The Beaver
    Cane Creek Double Barrel aka CCDB

The best shock on the market and the most adjustable.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    To Mwehahaha,
    I completely agree with you the CCDB is on another level, but it costs over twice as much as the Vivid and Roco where I am.(CCDB £499, Roco £239, Vivid £216)
    Would be nice to have one though!

mtbr member
    £216 for Vivid does not include hardware and spring and this price is probably some special offer. List price is £240 for shock body only.
    Anyway CCDB costs twice as much.

moaaar shimz
    If you don't like platform feel then I suggest you get the Roco Worldcup.