mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Time to play how much does the Meta SL weigh?

It seems that all reviewers miraculously forgot their scales when it comes seeing the Meta SL up close.

COMMENCAL VTT META SL 1

Commencal's website shows a 2013 Meta SL 1 as 12.75kg or approx 28 lbs when fully built. That looks to be a fairly light build as well. Any guesses on the frame-only weight? I'm thinking in the mid-6 lbs range. Get your guess in now...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I think you'd be close. Iin some reviews they note that they don't think the AM is not much lighter than Meta 6 frame.

I like the look of the SL. Bit pricey though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I love the looks and my Supreme 6 is a ton of fun, but its hard to swallow $2400 for a frame that weighs that much. A Blur TRC is comfortably less than 5 lbs for a very similar price.

mtbr member
    Weight is on commencal site somewhere so no need to guess. As a multi winner of the megavalanche and other leading enduring events obviously light enough to beat the rest and strong enough not to fail. All that matters right unless for forum blagging points.

A awesome machine with the right balance. Plus one on the supreme

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    As a short rider, I'd love to see standover listed as well.... My Meta 55 2010 is very tall for being a size Small. I am digging the SL for trail use though..... The potential to use an Angleset to slack it out to 67.....
    But, yeah... weight used to be not so much of a concern... and not that I expect this frame to compete with the SC carbon TRc.... I'm kind of thinking that SC will bring in an Alu version of the TRc.... But, no matter... I'm still not sold on carbon for my day in, day out, trail frame.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!