mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Supreme (Mini DH) vs Reign X

Hi all

I sold my 09 Reign X1 a few months ago as I had a XC bike and a DH rig already. I am missing the versatility of hitting stuff harder and then being able to climb up the hill again. thinking of the 2010 Supreme to replace it

has anyone on here rode both bikes and could give me a comparison? How versatile is the Supreme 6 and will I be able to take it out on short XC rides as well. I dont doubt it would be able to take some light DH/ FR.

Any real reviews of the modern Supreme would be appreciated

Thanks

Living the High Life
    I looked at one for a while and noticed 2 things. 1) I ride an XL trail bike frame and they only make a large. 2) Anything from a Fox Float to a Fox DHX will fit on back. I think with the float it could pedal pretty well, with the DHX it will ride like a small DH bike. So it will come down to suspension.

I also decided against it because I have a Meta 6 and a Supreme DH, they overlap the need for this bike.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well that's my dillema, can't decide between the new mini dh or meta 6, to replace my reign x

I did notice tho that the large supreme mini dh is similar to the medium sized reign x, so if you ride a XL bike, it would be small

So when does someone choose a supreme over a meta 6? Which is clkoser to a nomad and reign x?

Living the High Life
    Check the geometry and see which one fits you better. For me it was easy, the Supreme doesn't have a long enough top tube so I went with the XL Meta6. I think the Meta6 will be better for steeper climbs though.

It will also depend what shock you put on the back, a Float RP23 will pedal better. I don't know if the Meta6 can have a DHX on back, not sure if there is room for the reservoir. The Supreme can fit either.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    wich one did you choose?