mtbr member

Supreme DH Main Pivot Bearing Replacement

Anybody know how to get the 4 main pivot bearings out of the frame. Haven't done this before and don't want to mess them up. Trying to get the entire frame apart, clean everything up, and get the frame ready for paint so if you can think of anything else to look out for feel free to let me know. Cheers

Living the High Life
    I tapped mine out slowly with a screw driver, but be careful! Mine got crooked in there and I scratched some of the frame. I had to sand it back down. They're fine now but I was freaking out when they went crooked and weren't moving.

That was one side, the other went smoothly.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Last night I used a socket that fit perfectly in the opening and fed an extension into the socket and then tapped it out with a hammer so it would come out evenly. One side came out pretty easily with no problems. The other side however has apparently found his forever home and wants nothing to do with coming out of the frame. I gave it a good few wacks with the same method using the socket. I tried to get a little WD-40 in there to loosen anything up and still nothing. These 2 bearings are shot so I'm not worried about destroying the bearings as much as the frame....any thoughts besides 'hit it harder'???

Living the High Life
    I was replacing my bearings at the time so I went ahead and destroyed the one side that got stuck. So unfortunately all I have is hit it harder.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    ok so a combination of soaking the hell out of those things with wd-40 and the ever impressive 'hit it harder' eventually worked. the frame is still in good shape, at least where the bearings were. now i just need to get the headset cups out, the adjustable sleeve and she'll be ready to get fixed and repainted.
    cheers

mosquito magnet
    Mar 2007
    Where did you guys get you replacement bearings?
    I have a 2008 frame and need to replace the bearings.

Thanks,
    aka PaperStreetSoapCo

Build first, ask questions later.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Enduro Bearings are good.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mosquito magnet
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the tip.
    I have bought seals from them before, so I should have thought of them!
    Does anyone know where I could find an owner's manual for a 2008 DH supreme.
    I am hoping it lists the sizes/quantities I would need.

Thanks
    aka PaperStreetSoapCo

Build first, ask questions later.

Living the High Life
    When I replaced mine I just emailed Commencal. They responded in a day or so and it turned out all the bearings are standard and shops stock them.