Thread: New US Distro?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

New US Distro?

I was looking at the new V4 on commencal.com and clicked the us flag and was taken here-
    COMMENCAL USA, CALIFORNIA that says is coming in September.
    Is Commencal-America is out? I have heard of a lot of issues with the current availability here so this might not be a bad thing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    For 2015 Commencal are concentrating on direct distribution, to allow them to compete with direct brands and offer a more competitive price to its customers.

Commencal will still have dealers, but they will no longer be going through distributors in Europe and they will be starting Commencal USA very shortly. This means if customers have any queries about the bikes, they will be directly in touch with the guys that helped develop them.
    from Commencal 2015 Meta V4 Launch | IMB | Free Mountain Bike Magazine Online

Pricing in europe really has improved. I am curious what the frames will cost, definitely like the new meta Trail

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Website it up...

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    Hello, it's jay with Commencal USA, we are really proud distribute our bikes ourselves in North America now. Fel free to contact us in you have any questions at contact@commencalusa.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Jay,

As a Commencal insider why is that I can order a Meta AM V4 frame from Europe and get it shipped to Canada for $400 USD less than having it shipped from California? From the same website no less. I would love to order a frame from Commencal USA but the price difference is 30%...

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    You are correct, I also noticed this weirdness, probably a mistake in pricing. However so far shipping to Canada from US was more expensive than from EU but we are currently working on getting better rates from the US.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    You are correct, I also noticed this weirdness, probably a mistake in pricing. However so far shipping to Canada from US was more expensive than from EU but we are currently working on getting better rates from the US.
    On the US or EU site? I would think the EU site is correct, but they are currently out of stock on most frames/completed.

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    It was a wrong price on the EU site. Prices should be consistent thru our different website (keep in mind there is euro-dollars fluctuations) Plus you need to pay duty fees from Europe (It's also for US to Canada). Feel free to email us if you have any questions. (contact at commencalusa.com)
    J

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    It was a wrong price on the EU site. Prices should be consistent thru our different website (keep in mind there is euro-dollars fluctuations) Plus you need to pay duty fees from Europe (It's also for US to Canada). Feel free to email us if you have any questions. (contact at commencalusa.com)
    J
    Thx. J.... I have sent multiple emails to Commencal USA and Europe, but no replies... must be busy.

In the cart price of a Meta AM V4 including shipping from the EU to Canada is $1141.09... and shipped from the US it is $1569.00. This is accurate as of right now online. Just saying.

Even with a say 10% duty on the frame from the EU (not sure exact %), its still a $300 difference.

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    The price have been corrected on commencalusa.eu. However There will always be fluctuation because of different currencies and other parameters and also because we always adjust our price to provide the best offer to our customers instead of sticking with a really high price.
    If you email me at contact at commencalusa.com I usually reply the same day...